Bucket mounted trailer hitch

/ Bucket mounted trailer hitch #1  

Builder

East PA or 750 mi. east of a short man named Dar__
Tractor
Kubota, AGCO, New Holland LB
Anyone seen these? I saw one on Ebay and forgot to book- mark it. It's a piece of forked steel that mounts over & under your front bucket edge. It clamps to the bucket using a simple threaded rod with an arm to tighten it. They mount a ball to the end that sticks out past the bucket so you can use the bucket & ball to lift the trailer up & pull it backwards.

Anyone know what the heck I'm talking about? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Bucket mounted trailer hitch #2  
Someone on this forum made one and posted pictures but I can't remember who it was.

/ Bucket mounted trailer hitch #6  
here is the one a member made: run a search for this.

homemade bucket hitch -- attaches with clevis pins

/ Bucket mounted trailer hitch #7  
Shoot MadReferee a PM. He has a nice Design/Plan for one of those if your interested in making one.

/ Bucket mounted trailer hitch #9  
Option: The clamp-on balls are really nice but either too expensive or too much work for me and, yet another piece of bulky hardware to find a place for on the tractor. I just drilled a hole for the ball thru the cutting edge of the bucket. Yeh, the edge is AR400 or some such abrasion resistant steel but it drills fine, just a little slow (no anealing necessary).

Also, there's no need to drive the tractor backwards to "pull" the trailer. PUSH it. Works great and is much easier on the neck.

Cheers!

/ Bucket mounted trailer hitch
Thanks for all the suggestions! I really liked your home-brewed ideas in your pictures!
I was contemplating drilling a hole in the cutting edge, too. I didn't know if it would weaken it since I do a lot of concrete removal and heavy work with the bucket.

On the push/pull thing: I mostly have to retract the trailer from where it's parked. So I'm usually pulling it backwards due to the way my equipment is stored.