Bucket Chain hooks

/ Bucket Chain hooks #1  

weesa20

Silver Member
I just had some chain hooks welded to the bucket. They are 3/8 inch and there are three across the top part of the bucket, one in the center and two at each point where the bucket connecting pins are. They are welded to 2" x 3" x 5/16 steel plates which are welded to the bucket. There are also triangle gussets along both sides of the hooks for lateral support. They are probably way over built for my little GC but I'd rather have it that way

W

Attachments

• 840515-Hooks.jpg
    840515-Hooks.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,319
   / Bucket Chain hooks
Another pic

Attachments

• 840516-hook2.jpg
    840516-hook2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 891
   / Bucket Chain hooks
Last pic...just need to get some paint...

W

Attachments

• 840521-hook3.jpg
    840521-hook3.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 804
   / Bucket Chain hooks #4  
Nice welds, very strong /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Bucket Chain hooks #5  
Better to overbuild. You have the option of hanging your tractor up by the bucket hooks if you have to. Great work!

/ Bucket Chain hooks #6  
You were smart to locate the middle hook away from the bucket top edge. That site is valuable space for a future grapple arm attachment if you ever need it. I had a hook welded right in the middle on the lip which precluded a simple way to attach a cheap grapple arm. See photo.

I'm posting this so others who will add chain hooks take that issue into consideration.

Attachments

• 842596-IMG_5331 cropped bucket small file.jpg
    842596-IMG_5331 cropped bucket small file.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 638
   / Bucket Chain hooks #7  
What hooks? All I see are shiny pretty welds!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif