Out Pesky Swirl Marks !

/ Out Pesky Swirl Marks ! #1  

Ductape

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030HSDC
OK.... when you guys buff your tractors, what do you find gets out the swirl marks the best? I used the Meguiars two step, polish then wax. But i can still see a few light swirl marks in the finish.... maybe someone has found a better system?

Attachments

• 841698-Yanmar YM186D 033 (Small).jpg
    841698-Yanmar YM186D 033 (Small).jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,392
   / Out Pesky Swirl Marks !
Oh.... and a helpful hint, buffing when your tractor is cold is best as the splatter coming off the pad is really hard to get off your exhaust when its hot ! It really bakes the stuff on there.

Scott /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Attachments

• 841700-Yanmar YM186D 034 (Small).jpg
    841700-Yanmar YM186D 034 (Small).jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 904
   / Out Pesky Swirl Marks ! #3  
I use Zaino products on my car. It is really great stuff. Its like looking in a mirror. They have a product that will fill swirl marks. Here is the website. They have some good tips and instructions.

http://www.zainostore.com

If you want a very nice polished finish, do not use a power buffer. Use your hands and a very soft cotton cloth. The power buffer will make swirl marks.

/ Out Pesky Swirl Marks ! #4  
Looks great! Except the splatter. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I haven't done the tractor yet, but I use Klasse All-in-one and Sealant glaze on the cars:
Klasse Car products

Greg

/ Out Pesky Swirl Marks ! #5  
tractor, buff, paint, i don't understand this concept.... isn't that what a nice layer of mud is for??? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Out Pesky Swirl Marks ! #6  
I think I'd be embarassed to drive a tractor that clean and shiny. Mine has been washed a couple of times in the last ten years and maybe a little degreaser on some fittings once in awhile. Spilled diesel makes it kind of shiny in spots. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Out Pesky Swirl Marks !
OK..... i have a confession to make. When i started the thread, i meant it in a very tongue-in-cheek way. Admittedly.... i actually DID buff the hood of my tractor to get some shine back in it. But i was chuckling to myself the whole time i was typing..... I apprecitate the serious answers, but i hope at least one person besides me scratched their head and laughed at this post !! So... tell me what you really thought the when you read it !

Scott /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Out Pesky Swirl Marks ! #8  
What did I REALLY think????
BUFFING a tractor??????
Somebody has WAAAAAAYYYYY too much time on their hands!!!!
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Out Pesky Swirl Marks ! #9  
Ductape:

I for one don't have a problem with buffing your tractor. I wax the hood of my M9 because my wife's cats sleep on the hood and leave paw prints. I use Honda spray wax, the same thing I wax my bike with. HD guys use it and put a chunk of electrical tape over the "Honda" so they can fool themselves. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Out Pesky Swirl Marks ! #10  
There are products made specifically for removing swirl marks. Go to a Body Shop supply store (Finishmasters is one, there are others, too. NAPA, etc.) and ask for it. Also get a new foam pad of the proper density while you are at it. This is a common problem that car painters deal with so you are not alone.