3pt Hitch Mounted Cargo Carrier

/ 3pt Hitch Mounted Cargo Carrier #1  

BX2230Dude

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2230, L39
Last year I bought the EZMover hitch so I could tow a log splitter behind my tractor. This year I discovered something from Northern Tool that makes it even more useful, the Hitch Mounted Cargo Basket (item#330249). It's designed to fit a 2" receiver hitch on a truck or SUV but it works great on a tractor. Now I can haul a chainsaw, fuel, oil, etc. and still use the FEL at the same time.

Attachments

• 845726-DSC00096 (648 x 486).jpg
    845726-DSC00096 (648 x 486).jpg
    91 KB · Views: 1,402
   / 3pt Hitch Mounted Cargo Carrier
Pic #2

Attachments

• 845727-DSC00142 (550 x 413).jpg
    845727-DSC00142 (550 x 413).jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 1,424
pic #3

Attachments

• 845728-DSC00143 (550 x 413).jpg
    845728-DSC00143 (550 x 413).jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 1,077
   / 3pt Hitch Mounted Cargo Carrier #4  
I had thought about a carrier similar to these, however the width would be too great for driving between trees, read all the posts on ballast boxes, chainsaw carriers,etc, So-I came up with a ballast box made from two 12"x12" plastic milk bottle carriers, filled with rocks (The Rockies have a lot of these free for the picking up), made a frame of 1"x1" sq tubing to hold these milk carriers, incorporated a 2" receiver hitch near the bottom of the frame, carries the chainsaw, gas $ oil, just secured with a bungee. Total setup fits neatly between wheels, nothing to catch trees,etc when snaking thru trees. ( Mounted on the 3 pt hitch also).
Then I just hook up the ATV trailer to it and go out and cut wood, everthing is with me, I even leave the box, saw, etc on all the time when plowing snow. Is real handy for moving my trailers. Cost was 0$ as I had materials on hand.

Wife just dropped camera so no pics available

/ 3pt Hitch Mounted Cargo Carrier #5  
I must admit I prefer to build my own to with it made to fit tractor or slightly narrower. Works great. Can add a 2.5in tube on the back for an additional reciever and can tote the lil trailer we got around. Makes a very verstatile rig.

I agree texredneck. If I were to build one myself I'd probably make it 48" wide instead of 60" to better suit the BX. I'd also make it attach directly to the 3pt so it's closer to the tractor. But with the cost of steel these days and the time it would take to build a custom carrier, this one was hard to beat.

/ 3pt Hitch Mounted Cargo Carrier #7  
I like it. That's a pretty good idea to use one of these carriers. Even better if you already had one /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ 3pt Hitch Mounted Cargo Carrier #8  
BXdude-
I like what you did there, good idea. Question, did you purchase or make the reese setup that's attached to your cross drawbar? If you bought it, is it a pretty standard setup that I'll be able to find? I sure could have used something like that yesteday! The cargo carrier is great, I would envision all the same stuff in mine if I had one right now!

/ 3pt Hitch Mounted Cargo Carrier #9  
BXdude-
Duh /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif.... nevermind answering my question, I just saw the EZmover system right here! Think I'll get to ordering one!