FEL Bucket Hooks

/ FEL Bucket Hooks #1  

cisunix

I just got my 3130 this week

Here is a pic of the hooks I put on this afternoon. I got them from HarborFreight it was the only set they had 10000 lbs

My wife says that I just want to "pimp my tractor" with a little chrome

Attachments

• 845918-AUT_5980 2.jpg
    845918-AUT_5980 2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,787
   / FEL Bucket Hooks
Nother Pic

Attachments

• 845920-AUT_5980 3.jpg
    845920-AUT_5980 3.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 1,451
   / FEL Bucket Hooks
and another

Attachments

• 845921-AUT_5980 1.jpg
    845921-AUT_5980 1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 1,164
   / FEL Bucket Hooks #4  
Looks good Huggie Bear !!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ FEL Bucket Hooks #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( cisunix,

you might wanna consider some angle to reinforce the bucket edge on their also

)</font>

Cant speak for the bucket of a 3130...but the bucket to my 3030..MOST DEFINATELY! I looked at pics here on the BB of bucket hook attachments..and then went and looked at the upper lip of MY bucket....took VISE GRIPS and clamped onto it and BENT IT! No way in HE** was that lip gonna take any sort of loads from a hook and chain.

Someone on the BB here ( sorry..cant remember who??) had pics using a piece of 2 x3 angle..welded on to that lip.to form a "box"..and had their hooks welded to the "box" section. I did the same..except..I welded 2 x 3 angle ALL THE WAY ACROSS. ( Had welded I should say..I cant weld jack squat..lol)

/ FEL Bucket Hooks #7  
Did your tractor sag a bit to one side before you got them both on? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Those are some hefty hooks and mounting plates.
I too would recommend a little reinforcing. With stout hooks like those you might tend to give them more of a workout.

/ FEL Bucket Hooks #8  
I think I have to agree with your wife - verrrry shiny! Nice.
Jim

/ FEL Bucket Hooks #9  
I too wanted the convienience of FEL hooks and read and studied etc. I got it somewhere that you can pull your FEL out of "kilter" by pulling/pushing on just one side. Mine is a little 302 so was parinoid. Is that correct you tractor vets?

I ended up making a removable hook/bracket that attaches on center with #8 bolts through the lip of the blade. Perhaps moderation is the key.

/ FEL Bucket Hooks #10  
<font color="blue"> I got it somewhere that you can pull your FEL out of "kilter" by pulling/pushing on just one side. Mine is a little 302 so was parinoid. Is that correct you tractor vets? </font>

Yes, depends on the loader. It is much better to pull from frame mounted hooks if pulling from the front, or pull from the draw bar if pulling from the rear.

FEL hooks are for lifting objects so need to be rated for the capacity of the lifting chain. You will probably never need 10,000# hooks unless you are picking up the tractor. I also use my FEL hooks when trailering as they are convienent. When trailering the only time they will be essential is in a wreck.

My preference for FEL hooks is to use 3/8 grab hooks for chain, attached to a reinforcement that runs the full width of the bucket. 3/8 hooks will work for 1/4, 5/16, and 3/8 chain. I cut off the pin used for attaching the chain, and I weld the hook with the slot slanted such that gravity keeps the chain in the hook.

If Huggie saw how quick it is to drop a chain in a grab hook he might change to grab hooks when he changes the reinforcement. The rounded hook might be OK for rope, but I can't imagine why one would use rope when chain is faster, stronger, and no knots to untie.

This is a shackel with a grab hook attached, for pulling with the drawbar. Mote it is not a 3pt hitch drawbar. Always pull with the drawbar so if your load is too great the tractor will break traction before it flips.

If you pull from the 3pt with the arms raised and load is too great the tractor can doo a wheelie and flip over.

The value of this site is to learn from others. It is a great forum and I have learned so much over the past six years or so. Thanks all.

Attachments

• 846544-DRAWBAR SHACK.jpg
    846544-DRAWBAR SHACK.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 849