Hydraulics

/ Hydraulics #1  

donethat

Tractor
mahindra 6000
Does anyone know where the main operating pressure control valve is located in the hydraulic system. One with the power beyond circuit as described in some of the threads. If i'm thinking correctly it would be in the FEL valve and when you take out the plug and add another hose to another valve the new valve becomes the main pressure control. If this is the case there would be some kind of part needed to port around the relief port in the FEL valve.

/ Hydraulics #2  
Donethat,
Welcome to TBN!
I assume by "main operating pressure control valve" you mean the relif valve? Most times, the main reilf vlave for the system is loacted the transmission area on a hydrostatic tractor, and near the pump on a gear tractor. Sometimes, there is a rilif valve in the SCV block, but it is usually set slightly lower than the main relif valve.
<font color="red"> One with the power beyond circuit as described in some of the threads. If i'm thinking correctly it would be in the FEL valve and when you take out the plug and add another hose to another valve the new valve becomes the main pressure control. If this is the case there would be some kind of part needed to port around the relief port in the FEL valve. </font>
Not real sure what you are asking here...are you trying to ad another SCV (remotes) to your tractor?

/ Hydraulics #3  
I think you're on the right track. Madreferee helped me get mine sorted out. He's one of our leading experts.

On my FEL, the power beyond port is built in to the FEL valve assembly. I've tapped into the FEL PB port and have it feeding my backhoe hydraulics gang valve assembly, the return from the back hoe valve goes directly into my transmission (HYDRO). My 3 point hitch is the last one in the circuit normally but is integral to the tranny, so, when I attach the Backhoe, the 3 point hitch doesn't operate because the hoe then becomes the last one in the circuit dumping directly int the Hydro trannsimission.

When I take the backhoe off, I reconnect the jumper hose and that places the 3 point as the last valve in the circuit and it works out just fine.

If I wanted to add another Valve assembly, say for a grapple, I'd have to place it between the FEL valve and the backhoe jumper hose that feeds the backhoe valve, so when I removed the hoe, both the FEL valve and the new AUX valve would work independently with either the hoe or the 3 point hitch working. The returns can be Teed together for the FEL and AUX valves.

Shouldn't have to port around anything on the FEL. The new valve with PB ports should have its own built in relief and port and can be set right to match the system.

/ Hydraulics
Yes dual remotes for baler Mahindra wants 1000.00 for OEM parts. I think that is a little pricey! But mainly just to satisfy my need to know can't rest until I have figured it out. The system pumps against a main control valve or relief valve somewhere.
If you can add another cylinder valve in series with the line from the pump or source to the sump or return there has to be an control relief in the line either in the valve or sump return. Was wondering where so I could do the cleanest install shortest lines etc. My gut says to buy a couple of guages and plumb them in temporary to locate source. Also pressure drop in an hydraulic system is related to amount of flow and how many fittings, feet of line and restrictive devices. Thanks in advance

/ Hydraulics #5  
I wouldn't be too worried about where the system relief is located. On your tractor it's probably by the 3pt near the end of the circuit.

Your aux valve will need to have it's own relief which should be set to just over the main system relief. Your aux valve must have power beyond.

The easiest way to hookup is to take the inlet of the aux valve and connect it to the loader valve's power beyond. Then take the aux valve's power beyond and connect it to where the loader power beyond went. The aux valve's return to tank connects to the transmission sump where the loader valve's return to tank line does. This is the only line that can be teed.

The pressure drop caused by the added valve and a few feet of hose and a couple of fittings will not be that significant in the overall scheme of things and is nothing to be all that concerned about. Thousands of people have added aux valves and never adjusted anything.

Total cost for a dual spool valve (ie. a Prince SV) and hookup hoses, etc. should cost you in the neighborhood of $500 +/-. Your biggest problem will be finding a suitable mounting and place to mount the valve and route the hoses.

/ Hydraulics
Thanks Again great help