Saturday Project

/ Saturday Project #1  

MikePA

Super Moderator
Tractor
Had TC25D, now JD X310
Attached is a picture of how I spent my Saturday...installing flood lights on the back of my TC25D. The lights are KC HiLites Back-Up Flood Light Kit (No 517 Black). The only additional hardware (other than several electrical connectors) was a SPST switch from Radio Shack (lower part of photo). The brackets are secured underneath the nut that holds the flashers and the power comes from a pigtail that is powered when the ignition key is on. The pigtail is for the dealer installed light. The lamps are halogen (55 watts each) and the cases are ABS plastic. The housing can swivel left and right and up and down. The only modfication I had to make to the tractor was to drill a hole for the switch in the support for the SMV sign. The last step is to get some extra long tie wraps to secure the cable coming from the lights, the tie wraps I had were not long enough to fit around the ROPS.

My next project is to mount additional lights up front to shine over the FEL.

tractor.gif
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by MikePA on 11/03/01 05:42 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

Attachments

• 37-80178-lights.jpg
    37-80178-lights.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 351
   / Saturday Project
Thanks /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif! I tried them and they seem to work OK. I'll know for sure that first, snowy morning when I'm trying to hook up my rear blade and plow in the dark. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

tractor.gif

/ Saturday Project #5  
Nice job. That oughta put the light back there, all right, but you guys sure make me glad I don't have to get out and play in snow on cold winter mornings./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

BirdSig.jpg

/ Saturday Project #6  
Very nice Mike I need to do that on my tractor one of these days as well.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ Saturday Project #7  
A real clean installation! Looks just like it belongs there/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif. Did you use supplied brackets or fabricate your own?

jd.gif

/ Saturday Project #8  
Nice job Mike. I am in the middle of doing the same thing on my TC33D. I wen to Radio Shack and was also able to find rubber covers that go over the toggle switch to make it more water proof. I was going to mount the switch on top of the right fender near the 3pt hitch control. I will try to post a picture when I get done.

/ Saturday Project
I used the supplied brackets. I had to slightly enlarge the slot so it would fit over the bolt that comes out of the bottom of the flashers.

Do you have a part number for the rubber covers?

I answered my own question...
<A HREF="http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?cookie%5Ftest=
1&catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F010%
5F007%5F003%5F000&product%5Fid=275%2D1596" target="_new">
http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?cookie_test=1
&catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F010%
5F007%5F003%5F000&product%5Fid=275%2D1596</A>

tractor.gif
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by MikePA on 11/04/01 09:39 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ Saturday Project #10  
Nice job Mike. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif When I did my light system front and back it really made a big difference.
I still need to put on one more rear light on to see a little farther out. I have only one light facing the rear and it's pointed down to the attachment so I can see it and the snow load. Need to put a flood pattern on the other side so I can see farther out.
Wait untill you put on the front pair. They'll make a big difference up front.
Al