block heater install?

/ block heater install? #1  

rja

Bronze Member
Tractor
L3000dt Kubota
How do you punch out the freze plug to install a block heater?The tractor is a 1999 kub L3000dt.

Thanks, Rich.

/ block heater install? #2  
Rich,

If it is the knock out style I prefer to punch a hole and use a screw in slide puller (dent puller). Works slick but you need enough room to get the puller in. That way you don't have to worry about fishing it out if it falls into the block.

Other methods include drilling or chisels.

FWIW,
Michael

/ block heater install? #3  
Why would you put a block heater in a tractor in NJ. Less than 30 percent of what we sell in centrel NY have them. I can understand being cautious but.

/ block heater install?
Art, it's simply a time issue. When it snows and I need to clear the driveway (+500ft) and I am finding that there is not enough time to properly warm up the tractor prior to using it. If I get up at 5am, I have about 1.5 hrs to get the job done and still be at work on time. If I take 20+ minutes for warmup, that dosn't leave much time to do the job. (I still haven't fixed the barn door that I crunched during the last snow removal party!).
Rich.

/ block heater install? #5  
Rich, I just have to ask? Do you happen to work for NCS? I read this board quite a bit and just happened to look at your profile. If this is the Rich I know, Do you need your password reset on SAP2?/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif