Bucket mod

/ Bucket mod #11  
Very, sporty. I'm sure you will find even
more things to do with that setup

/ Bucket mod
I hear ya Jerry. It's a shame..... but we have to get off the tractor sometimes /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Thanks for the compliments, guys. Now I need some fencing to put up /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif It's no harder lining up the bottom of the T-post than using a PHD and the "BS" keeps them all facing the same way.

/ Bucket mod #13  
Freds,
You could get really crafty and make a grapple and have the rake handle double as the grapple hinge !!!!

Seriously though..... great job ! Pretty crafty post driver !

/ Bucket mod
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( and have the rake handle double as the grapple hinge )</font>

Hmmm, I wonder what the " tensile strength " of a fiberglass rake handle is.... or would that be ductility?
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Bucket mod #15  
I like it! A very simple solution to a problem we all have.

But how do you carry a shovel with a "D" handle? I can think of a couple modifications that would suit MY needs, but you've certainly given me something to ponder while I think about my next round of modifications.

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Bucket mod #16  
Boy, with a pipe a little welding and some hydraulics, I could see a grapple in your future.

/ Bucket mod
For you, Bob. Use optional "BS" to secure in place /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
It's kind of funny how my only D handle shovel fit right in there, though... Sometimes things work out without trying...

Actually, I like tossing my shovel and two rakes into the round cross-member between the FEL arms, but then I never have anyplace "skinny" I need to get into and the ones I use the most don't have D handles.

Attachments

• 873708-11.jpg
    873708-11.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 385
   / Bucket mod #18  
Freds, great innovations!

Where I am, I hit rocks when driving T posts, thus can't use an off bucket center driver. I do use a sleeve of pipe over a T post centered under the bucket... takes a buddy to hold it in position... and the length is set so that when the bottom of the sleeve hits the ground the post is at the right depth. The full length sleeve prevents bending/breaking when a rock is encountered (usually) and allows a little "pounding" on the T post with the bucket bottom. I put extra weight either in bucket or on front to assist in down pressure before front wheels come off the ground... and they WILL come off the ground when solid rock is hit.