Kioti exhaust re-routing.

/ Kioti exhaust re-routing. #1  

Miklos

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti LK-3504 w/FEL & R4's
Well, almost a year ago, I posted asking about exhaust re-routing options and received many great replies. The original exhaust exited vertically and was in the way for brush hogging around large tree branches. I finally broke down and got a cheap digital camera so now I can show what I did. I used the orginal 90 degree elbow off of the exhaust manifold by unbolting it, using the opposing flange, indexing it 90 degree on the 4-bolt flange so it pointed forward. Then the original muffler was re-attached to the elbow. For the remainder of the exhaust, I purchased some 1.5" dia 45 degree elbows and welded them together to exit below the loader frame in front of the front tire. Although this setup works very well for me, I think it is in the way for loader removal, so it may not work for everyone.

Miklos

Attachments

• 37-82751-tractorexhaust-1.jpg
    37-82751-tractorexhaust-1.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 194
   / Kioti exhaust re-routing.
Another pic

Here is a side view.

Miklos

Attachments

• 37-82752-tractorexhaust-2.jpg
    37-82752-tractorexhaust-2.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 161
   / Kioti exhaust re-routing. #3  
Nice job. It has always bugged me where my exhaust is on my JD5410. Either it gets in the way near trees or else I am breathing the fumes in...I'll need to look into a side or rear-exhasut option.