Wimpy NH tool tray replaced with tool box.

/ Wimpy NH tool tray replaced with tool box. #1  

Osconda

Silver Member
Texas, Williamson County (aka Texas Hill Country)
Tractor
New Holland TC55DA, delivered 05/25/2005
My friend borrowed my tractor and bent up the little weenie toolbox that comes on the back the later model Boomers. The way it was tore up is a long story.

Had a piece of 8" square tubing left over from a construction job of the same friend. I had previously made a chain box for it before. Now I decided I'd try a tool box.

Basically cut the tubing lengthwise to separate into two halves. Took some regular door hinges and cut the parts off that have the holes on them. Took a small piece of flat steel to cover the front seam to keep rain out. Added a couple small pieces of angle iron for handles and added a small piece of angle on to the back for a hinge stop. Didn't have any plate steel big enough to cover the ends so I just used some scrap cedar I had laying around.

Krylon Blue is a perfect match for New Holland Blue. It ain't pretty but it's functionaly and alot beefier than the little weenie one I started out with. I'm still working on getting my welds to look good. It was fun building it anyway.

-Osconda
[NH TC55DA-EHSS, FEL, WellsAg Canopy, two Remotes, BUSHOG RO720 BB, 72" H/D ROOT GRAPPLE]

Attachments

• DSCN2060.JPG
    DSCN2060.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 946
   / Wimpy NH tool tray replaced with tool box.
Coffee can for trinkets fits perfectly. Now I have place for both chains.

Attachments

• DSCN2058.JPG
    DSCN2058.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 805
   / Wimpy NH tool tray replaced with tool box. #5  
That's a great idea. Just this morning I was thinking of how to carry my chains on the tractor. I have a length of 5" square stock from a gate post I'll use.

/ Wimpy NH tool tray replaced with tool box. #6  
Osconda,
Great clean looking job. Real good place for it too. You just can't have too much tool space. Seems the more off the beaten path you work, the more tools you need just in case. I try to have as much with me as possible.

/ Wimpy NH tool tray replaced with tool box. #7  
Osconda,
Don't be so hard on yourself. It looks awesome! The welds ( from the pictures anyway) look good. It looks like the perfect size too. Thanks for the picture, and the idea.
Daryle.

/ Wimpy NH tool tray replaced with tool box. #8  
Seon,

I used a short section of schedule 40 PVC pipe to hold my chains. Its about 3 feet on legnth, I put a "cap" on one end and drilled drain holes in it. I them used two bolts to attach it to the Loader frame vertical frame. It hold 3/8 x 20 foot chain and also some smaller ones. And does weight much at all. Just a thought. PVC is great for making stuff. And paintable.
Also take a few minutes and look at the ttrqactor. Mine is a ford, and the frame rails in the front behind the bumper, made a great spot for a piece of plywood to be set in. creating an open square that holds more chains.

Allan

/ Wimpy NH tool tray replaced with tool box. #9  
Bedlam said:
Seon,

I used a short section of schedule 40 PVC pipe to hold my chains. ..

Also take a few minutes and look at the ttrqactor...

Allan

Allan, another great idea with the pvc pipe.
I didn't see any of your tractor pics but I envisioned what you were referring to. Thanks

/ Wimpy NH tool tray replaced with tool box. #10  
DaryleD said:
Osconda,
Don't be so hard on yourself. It looks awesome! The welds ( from the pictures anyway) look good. It looks like the perfect size too. Thanks for the picture, and the idea.
Daryle.
I have to agree with Daryle's statement. Fine looking piece of fabrication!:)