Tires for 14" rim?

/ Tires for 14" rim? #1  

ChopperCharles

I have a strange question that really has little to do with tractors.

I have a motorcycle that I am building into a hill climber. Strictly off-road racing. Big dirt hill, little bike. Make it to the top without falling over.

I have a rear wheel that takes a 180/80/14 tire. It's a 14" rim, about 7" wide. I want to fit a tractor tire with the most aggressive tread pattern I can find on that wheel.

Any ideas what kind of tire (if any) will fit?

Thanks!

Charles.

/ Tires for 14" rim? #2  
ChopperCharles said:
I have a strange question that really has little to do with tractors.

I have a motorcycle that I am building into a hill climber. Strictly off-road racing. Big dirt hill, little bike. Make it to the top without falling over.

I have a rear wheel that takes a 180/80/14 tire. It's a 14" rim, about 7" wide. I want to fit a tractor tire with the most aggressive tread pattern I can find on that wheel.

Any ideas what kind of tire (if any) will fit?

Thanks!

Charles.

I seem to recall there being a 14" "mudder" available for some mini truck/SUV applications. May be a tad wide though. Try a 4WD specialty shop.

/ Tires for 14" rim? #3  
Implement tires, some modified to semi-padle tires have been used for decades on dune buggies but...

Implement tires are not intended for high speeds and it is risky business. I would not recommend going over 40MPH if that. If you do you will eventually get into trouble and if Murphy has anything to say about it, it will be at the worst possible moment.

Patrick

/ Tires for 14" rim? #4  
Would a 7-14 ag tire work?

/ Tires for 14" rim? #5  
I knew a guy years ago that made some of the craziest things you ever saw. A bunch of us would drag race motorcycles in the sand out west of town and Bobby showed up Kawasaki 750 triple engine in a homebuilt frame with a Ditch Witch tire on the rear. This thing was awsome and you didn't want to be anywhere behind it when he left the line. He also built a Honda 550 turbo powered Vespa scooter named "Menstral Cycle" and a boat on a Ford F-250 4X4 chassis complete with outboard motor named "Run Aground" that he drove on the road.

I know that this doesn't answer your question but it brought back some memories. I ran a Suzuki 450 street bike and a Honda 350 modified.

/ Tires for 14" rim?
Well, the bike's top speed is only 60mph. It's not about speed, it's about traction, and making it to the top without falling over. It's basically just a really biiiiiiiig dirt hill that is almost vertical at the top.

Here's a pic of the bike in it's current form:
http://choppercharles.com/cs/photos...torcycles_ive_owned/images/3250/original.aspx

I plan on extending the rear swingarm about 8", installing a tractor tire, and then trying to make it to the top without any other real changes.

Anyone have a pic of a 7-14 ag tire?

Charles.

/ Tires for 14" rim?
Oooh, yeah. That's exactly what I need. I stopped by Agri-Supply over the weekend and checked their tractor tires. They didn't have a 7-14 with that tread pattern in stock, but they did have 12" and 16" tires. Although none had as deep paddles as the link you sent.

Is that link there to order the tire?
I've seen a lot of sites that sell tractor tires online, and almost all of them have a picture of a bunch of tires all with different tread patterns all in a row. I never know which tire I'm actually ordering, so I never order from them. It's really frustrating.... how hard is it to show a picture of the actual tire that's being sold?

Charles.