FEL mounted snow plow kubota L series

/ FEL mounted snow plow kubota L series #1  

design

Silver Member
Tractor
M5400
This is a copy of the link in the kubota owning/operating.

Adding a snow plow to a L series loader

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the days start to get short and the temperatures go into the 30's at night It is time to start thinking about better ways to plow the drive way this year.

Please post any comments:

Has anyone tried the following: Pictures available

1 8' foot fisher plow with the "A" frame and the hydraulic cylinders connected. Weld a 6"x15" plate to the "A" frame about 12 inches behind the front connecting pin. Weld a box beam/u channel on top of the 1/2 inch plate cantilevered back enough to allow the cutting edge of bucket sufficient room to get under the box beam. Weld two threaded bushings onto the back of the box beam to allow you to install some threaded rod to clamp down on the cuttting edge of the bucket.

On the plow frame increase the heigh of the rear mounting ears by adding 1/2x4 plate about 6" in height. Drill a hole and weld in a bushing to allow for a mounting pin to be installed later.

Weld some angle onto the rear of the bucket. Drill a hole and weld in a bushing on the angle.

To install the plow drive up to the plow with the bucket just below level. get the lip of the bucket to go under the box beam. Set down the bucket on top of the plow frame. Install rear mounting pins betwen agle iron on the buckwt and the plow frame mounting ears. Tighten down the threaded rod to clamp the plow in place.

see photos:

The tractor can pick up the plow as demonstrated by chaining it to the bucket at the correct location.

design

Attachments

• tractor with plow 2006 002 cartoon.JPG
    tractor with plow 2006 002 cartoon.JPG
    244 KB · Views: 3,417
  • tractor with plow 2006 005 rear cartoon.JPG
    tractor with plow 2006 005 rear cartoon.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 1,618
  • tractor with plow 2006 007 small.jpg
    tractor with plow 2006 007 small.jpg
    580.3 KB · Views: 14,351
   / FEL mounted snow plow kubota L series #2  
the last version of that i saw was mounted on a quick disconnect setup... ie mouted directly to the arms instead of the bucket. Id suggest you search for it but....

other than that it seems like a HUGE plow to be stuck on the front of your "little" tractor...

/ FEL mounted snow plow kubota L series #3  
I've never seen them this way but have seen some that have the mounts welded in the inside back part of the bucket. It seems this way would alow it to float and be very easy to attach/remove IMO. Did you plan on setting up the power angle? Being able to turn the plow is a huge advantage.

/ FEL mounted snow plow kubota L series #4  
I've seen a few set up like this, a search should get them. One problem that comes to mind with the setup, is how far out in front it will put the front blade. It may allow the front end to get pushed sideways. Also, using the bucket if needed to move piles around, would be very difficult and time consuming, if even possible. The best setups I've seen using a truck snow blade, have been mateing them to a QD plate. This, and a power angle, should make for a nice setup.

/ FEL mounted snow plow kubota L series #5  
I use a Curtis 7 foot blade on my Kubota 5030 with 853 QA FEL. I also installed the W.R. Long electric(solenoid)/hydraulic system for power angle function. This give left and right angle added to the normal lift and curl actions.

It is on and off in 2 minutes: detach bucket, drive to plow, hook in and throw levers, then plug in 2 hoses and go to work.

photo http://www.tractorbynet.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/2756/sort/1/cat/500/page/2

/ FEL mounted snow plow kubota L series
Thank you for the feedback. THe tractor seems to handle the plow blade with little difficulty. With that much weigth in front of the bucket, the rear end is light. (The tires are un-filled and the Rear blade that I have for ballast is only about 200 lbs. I have thought about building a mounting plate and changing out the 4 pins to switch between the bucket and the blade, but that seems like a lot of work.
Design

/ FEL mounted snow plow kubota L series #7  
the other thing to consider... how much does your tractor weigh?

that looks liek a plow that would go on a full size truck.

ie you may not have enough weight/traction to push much snow (or that much snow however you want to look at it)

/ FEL mounted snow plow kubota L series #8  
Design,
If your only going to straight blade, do like I did. I changed my 4 bucket mount pins to pull pins. Then welded brackets in the proper places on an old 7' truck blade. So in winter if I choose to I can pull 4 pins, remove the bucket and attach the plow blade. (see pic) Just the blade alone isn't much heavier than the bucket. I do run with about 600# of weight on the back when I plow.

Attachments

• 100_0328 (Small).JPG
    100_0328 (Small).JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,163
   / FEL mounted snow plow kubota L series #9  
Here's yet another QA version Of a Myers mated to a NH with hydraulics.

/ FEL mounted snow plow kubota L series #10  
PineRidge said:
Here's yet another QA version Of a Myers mated to a NH with hydraulics.

Very Nice! I'd been wondering about doing that. My other idea is taking a rear blade, a harbor freight quick hitch, and a QA adapter plate and making it into a quick and cheap front plow - no hydraulics though.