Rear Finish Mower Problem

/ Rear Finish Mower Problem #1  

Tractor Tom

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK35 H
Hi Guys,

I have a new 60in rear finish mower that I'm having troble with. Some of my property is rolling terrain and other parts are gentle V shape drainage areas. My problem is how to keep the mower from scalping the rolling areas, and digging in to the V areas. Obviously I can lift the mower slightly, but then the grass doesn’t get cut. Has anyone added additional guide wheels to their mower? Or yny other suggestions would be great. Thanks for the help.

/ Rear Finish Mower Problem #2  
Most of the mower manufacturers sell anti-scalp rollers. Mine do a pretty good job.

Jim

/ Rear Finish Mower Problem #3  
What kind of finish mower do you have?

Soundguy

/ Rear Finish Mower Problem
It's a Kioti KMR03 - 60 Rear Finish Mower, PTO mount, 3 blade, 60in cut with standard guide wheels. 2 up front, and 2 in the rear. unit weights about 450lbs. This link will show you a picture of the mower.
KIOTI HOMEPAGE

/ Rear Finish Mower Problem #5  
Hey Tom, When you have any new toy , there is a slight learning curve .... You may have to adjust your technique in the areas that are more challenging to mow to your liking....
With that said does your new RFM have a High center roller (anti-scalp roller,for avoiding scalping along a ridge)? It would help alot with scalping... Along the V's just try to keep the wheels of the mower in the lowest part of the V to achieve the closet cut, unless this V isn't deep enough to accept the width of the whole mower... In which case a box blade would be in order:D to help level things out a bit first... Here is a link to King Kutter King Kutter Incorporatedto see the center roller

/ Rear Finish Mower Problem
No question, it takes a bit of getting used to. It’s no "lawn tractor". My Kioti doesn't have a center roller, nice idea to prevent scalping. I'll check with my dealer to see if it can be added on. My 4 guide wheels are also inset much further from the outer edge then on the King Cutter, that’s why I'm having trouble with a slight V slope area. Thanks for the help!

/ Rear Finish Mower Problem #7  
Any pictures of terrain in question? Instead of mowing across the valleys, can you mow with them? That's how I mow mine.