NH Heavy duty bucket chain hooks

/ NH Heavy duty bucket chain hooks #11  
Here are the pictures. This will work only on the NH heavy duty bucket that is not a quick-attach. If you roll the bucket up, you essentially have the full lift at the pins which is more than on the top lip of the bucket.

Eat your heart out, PineRidge. Google doesn't know everything.:p :p :D

Attachments

• BucketHookWide.JPG
    BucketHookWide.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 436
  • BucketHook.JPG
    BucketHook.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 394
   / NH Heavy duty bucket chain hooks #12  
jinman,

That is a great idea and I may go that route. :cool: No problem of the pin getting hit by any of the FEL links on the bucket when curled all the way forward or backwards?

/ NH Heavy duty bucket chain hooks
Thanks for the pics.. Looks good to me.

/ NH Heavy duty bucket chain hooks #14  
Redneck_Randy said:
jinman,

That is a great idea and I may go that route. :cool: No problem of the pin getting hit by any of the FEL links on the bucket when curled all the way forward or backwards?

I guess that is possible, but you could shorten the chain to fewer links if you think it might get caught/pinched. It's also easy to remove them, but you'll end up needing them when they aren't installed if your luck is like mine.:eek:

Now I see you asked about the pin...
No you won't hit the pin. There is a tube all the way across anyway. The only chance of a pinch is if the chain and hook flops around.

/ NH Heavy duty bucket chain hooks #15  
I put longer chain on mine - never had any problem with them hitting anything -- I was able to stretch the hooks so they would almost touch in the center of the bucket - made it real handy too when letting them hang down behind the bucket for lifting. Then I went and cut off the brackets to make a QA bucket so I now I gotta re-config the jinman hooks.

Checked my heavy duty bucket last night and it does not have the tube in the middle to slide the pin through. Just got my loader about 2 months ago. I guess they have changed them. So now back to the original question, Where would you weld the hooks on the bucket?
Thanks

/ NH Heavy duty bucket chain hooks #17  
I would weld grab hooks on each end of the top tube and a slip hook in the middle. For the middle hook a reinforcement/spreader plate would help spread the loads and keep the bucket from bending. It would be optional on the grab hooks because the side of the bucket will provide support on the ends.

Do you have a quick-attach bucket on your loader? I'm surprised NH changed the bucket design of the non-QA bucket.:confused:

/ NH Heavy duty bucket chain hooks #18  
jinman said:
Here are the pictures. This will work only on the NH heavy duty bucket that is not a quick-attach. If you roll the bucket up, you essentially have the full lift at the pins which is more than on the top lip of the bucket.

Eat your heart out, PineRidge. Google doesn't know everything.:p :p :D

As opposed to some of the home designed riggings I've seen here, I have nothing to say about your setup but "great job"! What a great job of thinking how to solve a problem without making any permanent changes or modifications.

No mine is not QA. It is on a 7308 if that makes a difference. I was going to take a pic but cam batteries were dead. They way the arms attach to the bucket looks different but is not QA

/ NH Heavy duty bucket chain hooks #20  
nobody said:
No mine is not QA. It is on a 7308 if that makes a difference.

Oops! I saw several postings by Class III guys and assumed your loader was a 16LA or 17LA.:eek:

It always helps to be model specific when asking a question like this. But hey...this gave Randy an idea for his TC35, so all is not lost.;)

I hope you get your hooks on soon. They sure are handy.

DARGO: Thanks for the compliment. Those holes were just "begging" to be used for something.