want to add a brake light

/ want to add a brake light #21  
DickThomas said:
?????? Am I missing something here?????
When I set my parking brake, the brakes are ON, and they better be, otherwise the tractor will be rolling downhill from 8300'! Any attempt to drive off makes it VERY clear that the brakes are ON, and I'm not going anywhere. If you can drive away with the brake set, are you sure that your brakes are doing anything useful when you set them? May they just need an adjustment????
Just my $.02 worth.:)

Dick, tractor size and hp may be making a huge difference here too.. as well as tranny type.. I.E. gear vs hydro.

For instance on my 71 and 95 hp gear tractors.. the parking brake set full on does -very little- to impede the tractor moving, though it holds it fine on a hill. It's just those 70 and 90 horses pulling ont he brakes make them seem weak.. etc.

I'm sure a hydro owner may notice it more as he needs more pedal to move.. whereas a gear model.. you set the throttle and let the clutch out. If you are already pulling abig load like a trailer or a large implement.. you may not notice the extr throttle needed to get moving with the brakes set.

Soundguy

/ want to add a brake light #22  
I had the same problem of driving with the park brake on. I put a red trailer clearance lite on the dash and a beeper on the dash hooked up to the brake light switch that is on my tractor. It works great and the red lite and beeping reminds me to release the brake.

/ want to add a brake light #23  
Hey now.. that's an idea.. for those of us with no oem brake switch.. just install a red dash lamp / beeper , powered off ignition, and then run thru a pin switch at the park brake location. When park brake engaged.. switch depreessed, ignition on, lamp on.. when ignition is off.. no lamp.. no power drain.

Interseting idea.

Soundguy