single joystick loader valve source?

/ single joystick loader valve source? #1  

montejw

Gold Member
Tractor
1980 AC 5020
I'm looking for a joystick loader valve for my AC 5020. The hyd pump is rated at 5.4 gpm. I want to replace the existing valve, it doesn't have any power beyond capabilities, and I'd like the single joystick.

I've found one at surpluscenter.com, but it's sort of "big". It's rated at 7 gpm which is fine, but the physical size is bigger than others I've seen. It's a Cross Mfg valve, how are these for getting parts? I'd need the power beyond parts to add to the valve later as I've got some other work to do first.

I've searched the forums, getting cross-eyed. The only source I've seen is surpluscenter.com, are there others that have online ordering?

Thanks,
Monte

/ single joystick loader valve source? #2  
The 7 gpm valve is in the right range for a 5.4 gpm hydraulic flow. You will have a difficult, if not impossible time trying to find a joystick valve that is smaller. In any case, when you buy the valve make sure it is configured for power beyond. It is so much easier to hook up everything up right the first time. Cross makes good stuff although I don't know about parts. There is not much inside a valve except for the spool rod, some springs, some o-rings seals and maybe a detent ball. The only thing that usually fails on valves is o-rings and almost any hydraulic shop should be able to help you there.

Surplus Center is the best on-line source. There are others out there but you won't find the pricing and availability that Surplus Center has.

/ single joystick loader valve source?
MadReferee said:
The 7 gpm valve is in the right range for a 5.4 gpm hydraulic flow. You will have a difficult, if not impossible time trying to find a joystick valve that is smaller. In any case, when you buy the valve make sure it is configured for power beyond. It is so much easier to hook up everything up right the first time. Cross makes good stuff although I don't know about parts. There is not much inside a valve except for the spool rod, some springs, some o-rings seals and maybe a detent ball. The only thing that usually fails on valves is o-rings and almost any hydraulic shop should be able to help you there.

Surplus Center is the best on-line source. There are others out there but you won't find the pricing and availability that Surplus Center has.

Thanks. By "parts" I guess I meant the power beyond parts. They're not obvious in the ordering scheme, I'll have to make the phone call.

Monte

/ single joystick loader valve source? #4  
On most valves, the power beyond conversion "part" is nothing more than a screw-in sleeve that replaces a plug on the outlet section and separates the tank port and power beyond port.

MadReferee said:
On most valves, the power beyond conversion "part" is nothing more than a screw-in sleeve that replaces a plug on the outlet section and separates the tank port and power beyond port.

That's what I've seen. I just have to make sure I get them. They're not listed on the web site or in the catalog. But then, the valve isn't listed in the catalog either.

Monte

/ single joystick loader valve source? #6  
montejw said:
That's what I've seen. I just have to make sure I get them. They're not listed on the web site or in the catalog. But then, the valve isn't listed in the catalog either.
It's an it. Just one per valve.

Your concern is one of the reasons why I like using Prince products whenever possible. Any internal valve part is readily available thru many sources and their catalogs and manuals (operating and parts) are dowloadable from the Prince web site.

MadReferee said:
It's an it. Just one per valve.

Your concern is one of the reasons why I like using Prince products whenever possible. Any internal valve part is readily available thru many sources and their catalogs and manuals (operating and parts) are dowloadable from the Prince web site.

I got a note from surplus center's tech, the power beyond on the Cross valve is installed, not sure if it can be uninstalled. The tech said the power beyond must be plumbed to the tank, or to the next valve.

I'd like to find a Prince valve, they're a touch smaller, but I haven't found one on a site that does online ordering.

Thanks again for the help,
Monte