Draw bar - Hitch

/ Draw bar - Hitch #1  

Einsteim

Tractor
Kubota L39
Trying to come up with a way to bolt on a female hitch receiver to my draw bar attachment. It would be nice to have the ability to drag trailers, etc. around the yard. If I could bolt the receiver to the draw bar, I could then use my standard Reece inserts with the different ball setups I already have for my truck.

Any thoughts?

/ Draw bar - Hitch #2  
Go and buy a receiver, weld a bracket onto it and mount it to the drawbar. Or you can also make a 3pt hitch version of the same thing. The pictures are of my 3pt version with chain hooks and a D-ring.

Attachments

• 3pt hitch 1.jpg
    3pt hitch 1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,433
  • 3pt hitch 2.jpg
    3pt hitch 2.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 991
   / Draw bar - Hitch #3  
I picked one up on Ebay for my B-7500 works fine for what I need to do with the hitch. Naturally, there are other styles that would work fine also.

Wayne

Last edited:
   / Draw bar - Hitch #4  
Until I get my welder and can weld, I will always suggest non-welding solutions to questions. Buy a female receiver tube 12" or longer, drill a couple holes and bolt it to your existing drawbar using grade 8 bolts. All you will need will be a 1/2" drill and a couple drill bits plus buy the bolts/nuts. The grade 8 hardware should cost under $10 The receiver tube should be about $20-25 and can be bought at many places.

drawbar

Tractor Supply Company - 2 IN. X 12 IN. VALLEY RECEIVER TUBE

/ Draw bar - Hitch #5  
Until I get my welder and can weld, I will always suggest non-welding solutions to questions. Buy a female receiver tube 12" or longer, drill a couple holes and bolt it to your existing drawbar using grade 8 bolts. All you will need will be a 1/2" drill and a couple drill bits plus buy the bolts/nuts. The grade 8 hardware should cost under $10 The receiver tube should be about $20-25 and can be bought at many places.

drawbar

http://www.tractorsupply.com/detail.asp?pcID=3&paID=1021&sonID=736&page=1&productID=17547

/ Draw bar - Hitch #6  
There's also a model of hitch receiver that is designed to bolt under a pickup's step bumper. Basically, its a receiver already welded to a flat plate that has holes at its four corners.

It seems to me one of those would be a good basis for constructing a bolt-on receiver.

/ Draw bar - Hitch
gordon21 said:

drawbar

Tractor Supply Company - 2 IN. X 12 IN. VALLEY RECEIVER TUBE
Ok nice. I actually already have that exact receiver and I like the idea of bolting instead of welding. I think I will build it like you said.

Thanks.

/ Draw bar - Hitch #8  
Check out this site.
Bad River 3-Point Hitch to 2" Receiver Adapter
I purchased one of their bolt on assemblys it works GREAT.
It bolts onto to any flat drawbar with holes in it.(or you can buy one from them) It's worth every penny! especially for those of us who do not weld! What's especialy nice is it has a adjustable chain that you fasten to the tractors drawbar that prevents the trailer toungue from raising when you load something on the rear of the trailer

/ Draw bar - Hitch #9  
I bought the EZ Mover hitch, from one of the TBN advertisers here. I don't do any welding or fabricating, so this was the simplest, fastest way to put a hitch on the tractor. There's usually a banner ad to click on in the attachements and implements forum.

Attachments

• 2006-10 (October)-18 028.jpg
    2006-10 (October)-18 028.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 941
  • 2006-10 (October)-18 029.jpg
    2006-10 (October)-18 029.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 624
   / Draw bar - Hitch #10  
Weld the reciever to the drawbar.. or use tabs to hold it down.. then get a drawbar lock from tsc for about 15$.. or make one if ya got the welder.

I've made a couple from complete scrap work great..

Soundguy