Jinma 6" Chipper Mods Link

/ Jinma 6" Chipper Mods Link #1  

K7147

Silver Member
Tractor
L4330HSTC
Hi!

I know there is a post/link pertaining to suggested modifications to the Jinma 6” chipper, however, when I try to follow the provided links I end up with a computer hernia and not the desired post! Anyone know the exact post that provides a comprehensive listing of the suggested mods?

Ken

/ Jinma 6" Chipper Mods Link
I found the needed information.......Ken

/ Jinma 6" Chipper Mods Link #3  
How about sharing it.

kossetx said:
How about sharing it.
Hi Bob!

Well, there were multiple sources. Some from your own posts I believe, some from the Chinese Tractor Owner Site, and much more information gleaned piecemeal from the numerous posts that I researched on this site. It certainly was a wealth of information and was such that I’ve ordered the chipper. ……Ken

/ Jinma 6" Chipper Mods Link #5  
I haven't gotten around to building a foot operated mechanism for disengaging the feed, but when I am running, I wish I had..... Keep that on your list!
Maybe this year.

/ Jinma 6" Chipper Mods Link #6  
I've got one on order too. I spent some time trying to compile a single list of assembly tips, tune ups, and mods. It sure would be nice to have it all in one place. When I get the info. cleaned up a bit I will post it. Please let me know what I'm missing after I post it.

moeh1 said:
I haven't gotten around to building a foot operated mechanism for disengaging the feed, but when I am running, I wish I had..... Keep that on your list!
Maybe this year.
Hi Marty!

A better mechanism for disengaging the feed was high on my list of modifications. I think I pretty well researched most all of the available PTO chippers to include their negatives and positives. I was able to view the DR (local), Woods, and two other popular makes. All had their good points, however, what swayed me in the direction of the Jinma was the dollar value and “most” of the design characteristics. As soon as I have it in the garage I hope to complete the suggested modifications as well as perhaps some additional changes on the discharge chute and other functions. If the modifications come out well I’ll post the results.

I’d be curious about two things such that I can fabricate a dolly prior to the chipper arriving. What are the length and width dimensions of the chipper base? Also, is the chipper stable when sitting on the base and not attached to the PTO such that I won’t need to provide additional dolly support to the chipper?

I again thank all past posters who provided invaluable information concerning this chipper.

Ken

/ Jinma 6" Chipper Mods Link #8  
It will be hard to make a roller type base. It is pretty off balance just sitting on the ground. You might attach something to make it wider and longer at the base so it would be more stable.

SteveInMD said:
I've got one on order too. I spent some time trying to compile a single list of assembly tips, tune ups, and mods. It sure would be nice to have it all in one place. When I get the info. cleaned up a bit I will post it. Please let me know what I'm missing after I post it.
Steve,

That would be great . You have more courage than myself as I started to sort through a small book of printed postings and realized I’d end up spending more time editing the posts into one detailed list than I would working on the chipper!:eek:

With no snow here this winter I’ve been working on projects in the barn/garage and am very anxious for the chipper to arrive so I can start getting it ready for action.
Smoke from the welder….chips from the lathe….banging on metal…..what could be more fun?:D

Ken

Kays Supply said:
It will be hard to make a roller type base. It is pretty off balance just sitting on the ground. You might attach something to make it wider and longer at the base so it would be more stable.

Thanks for the information. Perhaps when it comes I’ll fabricate a wide base dolly with some sort of vertical support to compensate for instability.

Have a good one!

Ken