woods groundbreaker BH modification???

/ woods groundbreaker BH modification??? #11  
I can send the ACAD dwg file for the subframe for whoever wants it. I made wooden pads with two 6x6 crossed to put under the stabilizer when I dig foundations and usually have a 12 to 15" offset or a 12" trench to deal with.

/ woods groundbreaker BH modification??? #12  
I have a 7500 woods backhoe on a TC 29; I have no problems. When I load on my trailer, my bucket will drag slightly, but not enough to worry about. It basically tears a piece of sod out. If I rememeber to run dipperstick out it will not hit. You could add to the stabilizer pads for added length. See this ebay auction; # 7578591347.

I see you have a Speedex, don't see many any more; I have two.

/ woods groundbreaker BH modification???
dqdave1,checked out the ebay thing but that will be awhile till i need to think about those pads.Too cold to start modifying right now.
Yeah thats a Speedex.I beleive it to be a S-17.Not sure what year.
I dont use it for much anymore since i got the Kubota.Fact is the only reason i even got that Speedex is cause i thought they looked so strange,i just had to have one.Its a real crude machine,but it gets the job done.Actually its not all original.I was having trouble trying top get parts and got mad,so i adapted an old Sears "custom" garden tractor transaxle onto it.Works good.I also have a Wheel Horse 857,and a Ford LGT165.They are all pretty well done over and i dont use any of them much.I just look at them.LOL
Oh by the way,your the first to mention anything about the old Speedex.You got sharp eyes guy.
digger2

/ woods groundbreaker BH modification??? #14  
Speedex factory was about 15 miles from where I grew up. ( Ravenna , Ohio)

Actually; the Sears "custom" (6hp)transaxle is a 3 or 4 speed with reverse made by peerless. Speedex started using them at some time. The two I own, have the 4 speed transaxles in them. One is a 1976 model and the other is unknown. Crude for sure; but if you owned a welder and had scrap steel and bolts laying around, you could fix it. They actually work pretty good though. I understand someone bought the rights to their parts line and is now selling parts for all Speedexs.

/ woods groundbreaker BH modification???
Well,no wonder you recognized it.There used to be a dealer 7 miles down the road from me.I still see some of these "jewels" sittin behind peoples houses,in the weeds,under tarps,etc.I've stopped to inquire about a couple diff. times,nobody wants to get rid of them.But i dont either,and i dont even use mine,so i guess i understand.Yeah,somebody is makin the parts.I did get a catalog from a place but i had already done my "modifications",so i didnt think i'd need anything.I did get reproduction stickers from a guy out your way.
Look real good too.Dont know if you know it but theres a couple of sites on the net for those Speedex's.I havent looked at'em for a long time though.
I've got 'Bota fever now.Maybe someday i'll get back into the garden tractor thing,whenever i get time!!!!!
later,digger2

/ woods groundbreaker BH modification??? #16  
Mine is just sitting also; picked second one up for parts. They may be collectable some day. It only takes up some space.