mounting a fisher plow on my bx24

/ mounting a fisher plow on my bx24 #1  

kubotalinc

Bronze Member
Tractor
ck20
I have a bx24 and a old fisher seven foot fisher plow the push plates got mangled on the plow truck so the place where the plow mounts is twisted pretty badly I was thinking of drilling some holes in the bucket and mounting the push plates to it? any reason this won't work?

/ mounting a fisher plow on my bx24 #2  
Any pics? Sounds like you're wanting to put a plow on loader bucket?? If that's the case, you'll be driving over plowed ground, may need additional weight on back for traction.

/ mounting a fisher plow on my bx24
it has the back hoe onit and I have used it with a chain holding it in but it is very unpredictable.but plowing snow with the bucket relly sucks I have a acre to plow, is it possable to post pics on this site without upgrading membership?

/ mounting a fisher plow on my bx24 #4  
:D :D :D , sorry, laughing at myself here, I thought you wanted to mount a groundbreaking plow on your bucket, not a snowplow. There are some here with snowplow on front. If you can post to site, you should be able to post pics.

here's what the whole mess looks like? libby heating excursion 005.jpg

wow that wasn't what I was expecting, here is another pic of the othe toylibby heating excursion 001.jpg

/ mounting a fisher plow on my bx24 #7  
I could be wrong... but I can't see how a BX24 is going to push much with a SEVEN foot plow.

mark

I can chain it in the bucket now and plow with it, it is just not stable

/ mounting a fisher plow on my bx24 #9  
I would remove the bucket from the loader and adapt the plow A- frame to mount to the loader. No need for the bucket to be there. You can run a chain from the loader crossmember to the A-frame of the plow near the blade to allow it to float.

You may want to look at some of the commecial models for ideas. You can buy ones made to fit on the universal skid steer mounts and you should be able to get some design ideas from looking at them.

As far as the 7' blade, I assume it was free or cheap and you can always change the width if you find the tractor can't handle it.

Ken

I took the plow off my plow truck, I really would like to keep the bucket on the tractor so I can push up the snowbbanks without a lot of work that is why I was thinking about mounting the sub frame from the truck to the bucket? that way I could use the quick pins from the plow and remove the plow and just have the sub frame in the bucket?