Forks for John Deere

/ Forks for John Deere #1  

jgbanshee

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 310SE, JD 4300, JD 5210, JD 450 Crawler, CAT D3B, Ford 2N, Ford 5000 Ford 4000su, Ford 1100
I just got a set of pallet forks for a skid steer quick attach and want to convert them to fit my JD 4300 with 430 loader. What is the best way of doing so?

/ Forks for John Deere
Yes, I have both a MIG and Stick welder.

/ Forks for John Deere #4  
I did the same thing to a skid steer rock bucket that you need to do to the pallet forks. I built out the flat surface with four short pieces of C-channel laid horizonal inside the skid steer part, where the 430 quik attach will hit. I only welded the top hooks on first. hung the bucket to find the exact placement of the lower pins. I used a piece of 3/8" x 4" x 8" flat plate to hold the lower pin. once the bucket had the 3/8" plate pinched with the lower pin and lynch pin installed, weld it up.

/ Forks for John Deere #5  
   / Forks for John Deere
The hooks are part# W43359 and the pins are part# W47211.

/ Forks for John Deere #7  
jgbanshee said:
I just got a set of pallet forks for a skid steer quick attach and want to convert them to fit my JD 4300 with 430 loader. What is the best way of doing so?

Hi: Depending on how many attachments you already have for you FEL you might want to consider converting your FEL to Skid Steer Quick Hitch(SSQH) instead of the other way around. There are bolt on SSQH replacements out there that will fit a 430 FEL. I can't find the link right now but I have looked at them for my 420 FEL. The adapter plate for your FEL bucket costs around $95 or you could probably make one. I decided to not convert my 420 FEL to SSQH because I already had 3 attachments for my FEL and I plan to build anything else I might need so I stayed with the JD quick hitch.
The advantages of the SSQH are that there are many different attachments out there from many different manufacturers and I believe that the SSQH is stronger than the JD quick hitch. The biggest advantage of the SSQH is that when you get around to selling your attachments there will be many more buyers available for you SSQH attachments than for JD quick hitch attachments.
Good Luck, Mars

/ Forks for John Deere #9  
Thank you for the part numbers!