OH YES! yet another GRAPPLE THREAD!

/ OH YES! yet another GRAPPLE THREAD! #1  

fattyfat1

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2305
my JD dealer told me today that i cannot put a grapple on my 2305? i have been reading anything and everything i can on grapples here on tbn and it seems that it is definetely feasible but i'm not sure. his reasons- not enough hydraulic power, shared hydraulic system (power steering, FEL, rockshaft, and tranny all share system) i said, they run a backhoe don't they? his answer- yes, but the tractor is stationary. i could have a grapple, but i would either not have fwd-reverse, use of 3-pt. lift, because it would rob these hydraulic functions of power. i don't know if i buy this theory? i haven't seen any 2305's with a grapple, but i've seen plenty o' bota's w/ one that are the same hp. and LESS gpm. hydraulic function than mine. so who out there has a claw on their little tractor? i would really appreciate some pics and explanations on this. obviously i want to go small and light. The Thumb so as not to detract from lift capacity.
HELP!

/ OH YES! yet another GRAPPLE THREAD! #2  
Isn't a grapple just one additional cylinder on the loader bucket? Maybe someone else has a better grip (no pun intended) on subject, but it doesn't sound to me like it would be that big of a deal. You can still use your loader while traveling, why not the grapple?

/ OH YES! yet another GRAPPLE THREAD! #3  
Your dealer isn't too bright or he has other motives for telling you that fantasy story.

You have several options for installing a grapple and none of them will cause your tractor to have the kind of issues that dealer is talking about. A bucket grapple like the Tatro or the Thumb will work perfectly on your tractor.

Since grapples are probably the most posted about attachment in the past year, do some searching for grapples here on TBN and you will get more information than you ever wanted to know. There are plenty of posts containing installation pictures and plumbing and valve options.

Happy searching.

/ OH YES! yet another GRAPPLE THREAD! #4  
He sounds a bit confused. The first and foremost issue is to have someone (maybe not him) get you a third SCV. Since JD has them for tractors much smaller than your 2305, I can't imagine that they don't have a 3rd SCV or a diverter switch for that model. Look it up on the JD website where you build your own 2305. If the third SCV option is there, write down the BM part number and take it to your dealer.

/ OH YES! yet another GRAPPLE THREAD! #5  
With all this experience here, why even ask the dealer? Not sure how long you have been a TBN'er but this is the best place for tractor knowledge.

Back to the dealers answer, the grapple would only "rob" the system while closing or opening, right? I could live with that. Pull up to pile with grapple open, close on pile, move bucket and drive away.

Simple

/ OH YES! yet another GRAPPLE THREAD! #6  
Your dealer must be very talented to drive forward while turning, lifting the bucket while curling it and raise the 3pt at the same time. JC

/ OH YES! yet another GRAPPLE THREAD! #7  
I think like the others that your dealer is wrong but even if right, if any tractor has a pto then a pump, reservoir and valves can be added to power hydralic implements.

/ OH YES! yet another GRAPPLE THREAD! #8  
Your dealer is just blowing smoke up your butt. He may even be smoking something himself. To make a statement like that is just being plain stupid.Sure doesn't say much for JD and the knowledgeable sales people that they are supposed to have on staff. A grappler will work just fine on that tractor.

/ OH YES! yet another GRAPPLE THREAD!
i guess i don't understand why they would tell me it wouldn't work? i would think for a parts sale they would be willing to bend over backwards to make this work. this is my third tractor bought from there in three years, it's a small dealer, so i'm kinda like their best customer! i've allways been really happy w/ the way i've been treated there, but this just seems lazy and unreasearched on their end. could they be worried this addition will void my warranty? i'm losing faith in this dealer fast.... i have one 20mi. north and 20mi. south of me but this one is sooo close.