2007 BEST IN SHOW Olive Oil Los Angeles County Fair

/ 2007 BEST IN SHOW Olive Oil Los Angeles County Fair #1  

rox

Veteran Member
I have some very good news I wanted to share. My husband and I are thrilled to have found out today that we again did extreemly well at the 2007 Olive Oils of the World competition at the Los Angeles County Fair :)
Whoo Hooo we also won in 2006 BEST IN SHOW International Light Olive Oil. This year they re-named Light to Delicate. Can you believe that? Back to Back wins, hey this ought to really help the USA sales. Cheese, Specialty Food, Gourmet Gift Baskets, Cheese Gifts: igourmet has a pallet of our olive oil and they should soon get it up on their website for sale.

Mas Des Bories Olive oil is a light delicate oil. Some olive oils are very heavy and leave a bad taste in your mouth. Others are so peppery you cna't even stand to have them in your mouth. Ours is delicate, fruity, it tastes good, the natural flavors are very complex. I am so humbled, really I am that we won back to back. I would have been oh so very happy t win anything but to win back to back it jsut makes you really appreciative of the native variatal trees in Provence. Sure we do our share of following good farming and good pressing practices but really it is the native trees that are the true recipients. It is going to sound corny but my husband and i know each and every tree of the 1,462 olive trees. We know which ones gave a lot of fruit, we know which ones we cut back severly, we know which ones needed extra treatment, basically we know each tree. I can see why people get so attached to their land, I can see why people get so attached to farming that they would rather stay on a non producing farm rather than sell it and move. It really is a love affair.

BEST In Show International Light- I think you can figure out
BEST In Class means our oil scored at least a 94
then all the Best In Classes are judged to deterimine the Best in Show
Gold Medal- Score to a certain number but not necessarilly the 94 score of Best In Class
Then Silver Medal and Bronz medal

Mas des Bories received for the
GROSSANE
BEST IN SHOW INTERNATIONAL LIGHT
BEST IN CLASS Gold Medal

Mas Des Bories received for the
Bouteillan
Gold Medal

Mas des Bories received for the
A.O.C. (a blend of the 4 types/variaals of olives we grow)
Silver Medal

Thre different oils, each oil I submitted won a Medal!

There were a lot of awards won in Europe as well just for 2007- 3 Gold Medals and one Silver Medal. hey there are a lot of farmers who don't even get any medal at all so we are sjut so happy to have entered our oil in blind taste testing and have placed so well. Make you sleep well at night and to kind of pinch yourself as you walk around during the day.

I wish I knew how to insert that little icon with the little guy jumping up and down. France only produces 2% of the worlds olive oil, but really in all the competitions the French Oils come out always in the top tier.

i know in California they are planting a lot of Spanish and italian tree varitals now for prodcing oils, but they are foolis to overlook the French Variatals. next year I'm going to send an intense oil as well and see how we do with it. There is an entry fee i think it is about 100 per entry and I submitted 3 different oils. then for each entry you need to send to bottles so since our cases hold 3 bottles i only enterd 3 (that plus the $$$). Plus factor in the shipping +++ you ahve to be registerred with the FDA and submit an FDA Prior approval so it is a fair amount of work to enter into the show. next year i think I'll send 2 mild variatals and one intense and see how it is judged.

I jsut was interrupted by a phone call form the Fair, i wanted to verify which oils won in which catagories. there was a big even at the fair and auto show and at the auto show they put out the results of the Olive Oil and wine competition and let people taste the oil. The gal who manned the tasting table jsut told me that the public tried all 3 BEST IN SHOW- Best Intense, Best Medium and Best light. She said that virtually everybody tasting the 3 Best Oils picked our sas the BEST of the BEST, She told me people were going crazy over our oil, they jsut loved it. Alsot he fair is in September and they jsut asked if they could buy some of our olive oil to sell at the fair. Unbelievable, I thought jsut winning was so fantastic now the front line staff tell me even better news, time to break out the Champagne tonight!:) :) :)

I wish iGourmet.com would get their website updates ith our olive oil.

/ 2007 BEST IN SHOW Olive Oil Los Angeles County Fair #2  
Wow!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:
That is really amazing Rox!
Congratulations on so many medals!

You guys must be on cloud 9 these days.
Keep up the good work!

/ 2007 BEST IN SHOW Olive Oil Los Angeles County Fair #4  
bounce017.gif
Way to go rox! It's hard enough to win one year much less do it two years in a row. Congrat's
happy023.gif
bounce001.gif
bounce002.gif
bounce003.gif
bounce016.gif
bounce017.gif

/ 2007 BEST IN SHOW Olive Oil Los Angeles County Fair #5  
Mornin Rox,
That is great news and congrats are in order, keep up that fine tradition !:)

/ 2007 BEST IN SHOW Olive Oil Los Angeles County Fair #7  
Wow Rox, that is fantastic news. All the hard work has really payed off.

/ 2007 BEST IN SHOW Olive Oil Los Angeles County Fair
DieselPower,
You got it! those little guys jumpng up and down, can you pm me how I do that? I like the little green guy right after the jumpg smiles, althought he jumping smiles are kind fo cute also.

This morning US time, it is already afternoon for me, I am going to try and contact some radio stations in Milwaukee which is where I am from and see if we can't get some free PR out of the awards. I'll try the newspaper again also. I spoke with the store in Milwaukee who sells our olive oil yesterday to share the good news. He bought a really big pallet of olive oil and jsut got delivery a month ago. He said he is probably going to have to buy more int he fall. Supplies are low so i hope we have it. Better quit now form TBN and get to work on Marketing.

/ 2007 BEST IN SHOW Olive Oil Los Angeles County Fair #9  
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! It's great when you can...ummm...enjoy the fruit of your labor:D Sorry...couldn't resist...:D

It's been great following your threads and reading about all the work, care and decisions that go into producing olive oil. Apparently, you found your calling in life! To have something that you love to do and also be so successful doing it is truly one of life's blessings.

I can't wait to enjoy some of your olive oil at Eddie's this fall.

/ 2007 BEST IN SHOW Olive Oil Los Angeles County Fair #10  
Congratulations. My wife uses lots of olive oil in her cooking, extra light virgin, I believe.