Muhammad wins US National Taekwondo Poomse (Forms) Pairs Competition

/ Muhammad wins US National Taekwondo Poomse (Forms) Pairs Competition #21  
Wow, that's fantastic! Congratulations to both young men and the proud parents!!!

/ Muhammad wins US National Taekwondo Poomse (Forms) Pairs Competition #22  
Since I was there, too, I figured I'll share a bit more with all of you.

We had a total of four competitors competing in the Poomsae Team Trials. Muhammad, Lilian, Kira, and Carolyn. The three girls competed in their junior girl division, as well as the female team division. Muhammad also competed in his Male Senior Division.

Lilian won the Junior Female Division
Muhammad and Lilian won the Co-Ed Pair Division
Muhammad got 2nd place in the male senior division by .08 points. That is, basically, one less mistake for him or one more mistake for the winner, with all other competitors WELL behind the first and second place guys.
And our three girls won second place in female team by .11 points.

So not only did we place two people on the National Team, but we came very close to putting four on! But it's only going to make us train harder for next year.

The World Championship is in Turkey in December. So we will be ramping it up and doing the absolute best we can.

I have the video tape, and will see about converting it over and putting it up if I can manage. At least the winning form.

-Ibrahim

/ Muhammad wins US National Taekwondo Poomse (Forms) Pairs Competition #23  
Wow, that's an allstar team training at one dojang. You could always Youtube it and post the link.

/ Muhammad wins US National Taekwondo Poomse (Forms) Pairs Competition #24  
Late comer here, Congrats to you guys!!! What an accomplishment befitting all of your hard work since '93.

Since I have never met you guys, I have to admit I had kinda assumed you might be a bit "geekish". Well, you know what they say about assuming... My perceptions now have totally changed. I think people may type messages to you a bit softer now. hahaha:D

Good luck at your future competitions.

Sincerely,
Kyle

/ Muhammad wins US National Taekwondo Poomse (Forms) Pairs Competition #25  
wow, that's wonderful, congratulations!

/ Muhammad wins US National Taekwondo Poomse (Forms) Pairs Competition #26  
First of course I congratulate Muhammad and Ibrahim.

Then I have to hand congrats Hakim on your boys doing so well. It doesn't surprise me at all the boys doing above and beyond the norm.

Kyle, having met you, Muhammad, and Ibrahim I'm comfortable in saying y'all would get along like peas in a pod. Fine young men one and all.

/ Muhammad wins US National Taekwondo Poomse (Forms) Pairs Competition #27  
Some of you may know Muhammad Chishti from this forum.

He & his brother Ibrahim have been at the US National Taekwondo
Championships this past week (until Sunday). They both
serve as International level referrees; both junior & senior
nationals are being held in Detroit, MI this week.

Besides seving as a judge and referee, Muhammad is one
of the top US national comeptitors in "forms" (Poomse).
We got the news last night that he won the Mens Senior
Black Belt Division in Pairs competition.

As winner of a spot on the US National Team in Poomse
(Forms) Pairs, he'll represent the USA and compete at the
World Championship's in Turkey, Dec. '08

Scroll down this page (won't be up for more than a day or so)
and look for Muhammad's name. He competed with Lilian Angel
as his partner, in the 14-35 year old Pairs Division.

USA Taekwondo

This was his goal two years ago, and now is member of US
National Team. We are very proud of his work and accomplishments.

Hakim Chishti
Unavoidably Happy Parent

Brought this post back up to remind everyone that that today (Dec.6) is the start of the World Championship competition in Turkey that Muhammad is competing in. I'll add any results I can find as the competition continues this week.

Good luck Muhammad! TBN is cheering for you.

MarkV

/ Muhammad wins US National Taekwondo Poomse (Forms) Pairs Competition #28  
Good Luck Muhammad!

My daughter took 2 third places medals and I took a third at the World Tang Soo Do Championships back in June in Orlando FL. Bring back some Gold to TBN.

How about some pictures. Or even better, video.

Andy

Attachments

• 20081003150402(2).jpg
    20081003150402(2).jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 100_1783.jpg
    100_1783.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 201
   / Muhammad wins US National Taekwondo Poomse (Forms) Pairs Competition
to remind everyone that that today (Dec.6) is the start of the World Championship competition in Turkey that Muhammad is competing in...
Thanks for your sentiments and encouragement.

The tournament dates were moved back a week by the Turkish TKD Federation, due to the Islamic holiday of Hajj (pilgrimage).

Taekwondo is a really big deal in Turkey, apparently second only to soccer in terms of national interest. Almost 200,000 members of the Turkey national TKD association.

Muhammad & Ibrahim leave for Turkey next week. He will compete on Dec. 17th, a Thursday. Supposedly the entire tournament will be televised on national TV in Turkey. I am not certain which channel it comes thru here in US on DirecTV. We probably will not subscribe just for this one event.

We surely hope to have some photos and video as things unfold.

/ Muhammad wins US National Taekwondo Poomse (Forms) Pairs Competition
My daughter took 2 third places medals and I took a third at the World Tang Soo Do Championships back in June in Orlando FL. Bring back some Gold to TBN.
Andy,

What great successes for your daughter! These activities are bound to expand her strengths and capabilities throughout her life. I advise people not to "quit" too early. Ibrahim & Muhammad are now going almost 17 years. It gets better all the time.

All the best of continued championships for you and & your daughter. You have a lot to be proud of. :D