My family was involved in a very bad accident.

/ My family was involved in a very bad accident. #91  
Are you still working at the Nashville Union Rescue Mission?

I had no idea your family had been though this until I stumbled on this thread this evening. We can all better appreciate being healthy.

God's Blessings to you and your family.

/ My family was involved in a very bad accident. #92  
Well July 11th was 167 days ago. It is time to give you an update on my family.

Everyone in the accident is doing really well. Johanah, my grand daughter, is finally finished all of her surgeries and planning to retuern to school in January. She still walks with a very pronounced limp but at least she is walking. Drew, my grandson, well, if you didn't know he had been in an accident you could hardly tell from how he is today. He does have a slight limp when he gets tired. Jean, my daughter and Tony her husband are all doing fine. Tony is in school working on his teaching degree and Jean has returned to work at the Women's Homeless shelter. Joy, my wife, still isn't healed. She still has an open wound on her left thigh about the size of a silver dollar. She still has a wound vaccum. Her doctorr thinks she will be completely healed in a month or two. She will probably walk with a cane for some time but at least she is alive and walking.

I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I got what I wanted for Christmas and that was all my family healthy, (at least 4 of the 5 are), and home where they belong instead of being in the hospital. I hope you got your wish also!

God bless all of you and thankc you for your thought, kind words and prayers in the past 167 days.

Don
God Bless you and your family.coobie

/ My family was involved in a very bad accident. #93  
Don-

You have stayed in my prayers since the accident... it is great to hear everyone is doing better... what a GREAT Christmas present!

/ My family was involved in a very bad accident. #94  
Great news, Don! Thanks for the update and pass along all of our best wishes. :D

/ My family was involved in a very bad accident.
Are you still working at the Nashville Union Rescue Mission?

I had no idea your family had been though this until I stumbled on this thread this evening. We can all better appreciate being healthy.

God's Blessings to you and your family.

2manyrocks,

Yes, I am still at the Mission. I was promoted January 2008 to the position of President/CEO. I will retire in 4 years God willing.

Don

/ My family was involved in a very bad accident. #96  
Don,

Thanks for the update. Looks like the power of prayer has been proven here. Your family will still be in our prayers for a while. Glad all are doing so much better.

Andy

/ My family was involved in a very bad accident. #97  
It seems like only yesterday that Mr. Reaznor (can't spell) retired from the Mission.

I think the last time I saw you--maybe in the mid 1990's, you were working in the men's education area at the Mission and had been struck by one of the people the Mission was attempting to help. Will have to ask the Mrs to help me remember. I think she knew you because some of her fellow students from the Free Will Baptist Bible College were interns at the Mission.

I would imagine it has been difficult to keep up with your work and do what you needed to do for your family at the same time. Please pardon me in saying there's evidence of grace in the healing of your family and in your not being in the accident yourself so that you could care for them and continue the work at the Mission.

/ My family was involved in a very bad accident.
It seems like only yesterday that Mr. Reaznor (can't spell) retired from the Mission.

I think the last time I saw you--maybe in the mid 1990's, you were working in the men's education area at the Mission and had been struck by one of the people the Mission was attempting to help. Will have to ask the Mrs to help me remember. I think she knew you because some of her fellow students from the Free Will Baptist Bible College were interns at the Mission.

I would imagine it has been difficult to keep up with your work and do what you needed to do for your family at the same time. Please pardon me in saying there's evidence of grace in the healing of your family and in your not being in the accident yourself so that you could care for them and continue the work at the Mission.

2manyrocks,

I couldn't agree more. God was providential is keeping me at home that evening.

Brother Resener retire October of 1997. He still works with us part time Monday through Friday six hours per day. He will be 80 years old at his next birthday. You seem to know me but I am at a loss about who you are.

Don

/ My family was involved in a very bad accident. #99  
I think I met you once when we lived in Nashville. I'm not sure, but I think I dropped off some older equipment for use in the education area of the Mission after it had moved to the old Sears building. It's been a long time, and there would be no reason for you to remember me out of all the people who have had contact with the mission over the years. I just happened to see your name and location and had to ask if you were the same person I had met some years ago.

I asked about Mr. Resener because I remember him speaking at the Donelson Fellowship about the time he was to retire. I remember that he had definite convictions about the need for the work at the Mission, and my sense at the time was that he was someone that still had things to accomplish and wasn't ready to go home and sit. So I am grateful to hear that he is still active.

My 9 year old asked me why I spend so much time on this website. While I was typing this post, Genesis 2:15 came to mind. Before sin entered the world that God had made good, Adam was put in the garden to cultivate it and take care of it.

Perhaps our discussions of tractors and things used to cultivate and take care of the earth point to a larger purpose and to the One who created it.

/ My family was involved in a very bad accident. #100  
Well July 11th was 167 days ago. It is time to give you an update on my family.

Everyone in the accident is doing really well. Johanah, my grand daughter, is finally finished all of her surgeries and planning to retuern to school in January. She still walks with a very pronounced limp but at least she is walking. Drew, my grandson, well, if you didn't know he had been in an accident you could hardly tell from how he is today. He does have a slight limp when he gets tired. Jean, my daughter and Tony her husband are all doing fine. Tony is in school working on his teaching degree and Jean has returned to work at the Women's Homeless shelter. Joy, my wife, still isn't healed. She still has an open wound on her left thigh about the size of a silver dollar. She still has a wound vaccum. Her doctorr thinks she will be completely healed in a month or two. She will probably walk with a cane for some time but at least she is alive and walking.

I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I got what I wanted for Christmas and that was all my family healthy, (at least 4 of the 5 are), and home where they belong instead of being in the hospital. I hope you got your wish also!

God bless all of you and thankc you for your thought, kind words and prayers in the past 167 days.

Don
Glad to hear of the improvements and that things are looking up.