My family was involved in a very bad accident.

/ My family was involved in a very bad accident. #111  
Keep the Faith,....as you know, it really works!!!
. . . tug

/ My family was involved in a very bad accident. #112  
Don: I too have just stumbled upon and read through from the beginning. My goodness, you folks have been through an awful lot! Apart from each individual and their personal battle from then till now, . . . this has been a most stressfull burden on you. Obviously your "faith" has carried you through and brought healing to all. Thank God!!! Praise the Lord!

I would like to ask two questions and feel free to ignore me if you so desire.
(1) were there "seat-belts" and/or "air-bags" involved ?

(2) does your wife still have an issue with the "open wound"? (or has that situation been resolved?) (OR, problem with open wound and infection with any of the rest of the family?)

Hopefully everyone has healed successfully by now, but occasionally, these open wounds tend to drag on and just won't heal. (personal experience)

All the very best to you and the family,
. . . tug

/ My family was involved in a very bad accident.
Don: I too have just stumbled upon and read through from the beginning. My goodness, you folks have been through an awful lot! Apart from each individual and their personal battle from then till now, . . . this has been a most stressfull burden on you. Obviously your "faith" has carried you through and brought healing to all. Thank God!!! Praise the Lord!

I would like to ask two questions and feel free to ignore me if you so desire.
(1) were there "seat-belts" and/or "air-bags" involved ?

(2) does your wife still have an issue with the "open wound"? (or has that situation been resolved?) (OR, problem with open wound and infection with any of the rest of the family?)

Hopefully everyone has healed successfully by now, but occasionally, these open wounds tend to drag on and just won't heal. (personal experience)

All the very best to you and the family,
. . . tug

Tug,

Thank you for your kind words. Now to answer your questions.

1. Some were wearing seatbelts some were not.
2. No one has any open wounds left. My wife was the last to heal and her wound was healed by February of 2009. My granddaughter had skin graphs to close her wounds.

Both my wife and granddaughter still have very bad limps but they are gett better as time goes by. In 10 more day it will have been one year since the accident.

Again thanks for you kind words and prayer. All of this has made me a man of faith. I always had faith but today my faith is stronger.

Don

/ My family was involved in a very bad accident. #114  
Hello Don, Thanks for your reply, wasn't sure if you still checked in to this particular thread or not. I am so pleased to be able to say "Praise The Lord" for healing your family and keeping "you" (and your daughter that took over the household) strong through-out this year long ordeal.

A year is a long time when looking ahead but such a short time looking back. I know there are limps and pains that will ease with time in the same way that scars tend to fade away,... sometimes till barely visible.

I learned a great respect for seat belts many years ago and put them in all my vehicles long before they became law here. I'm always curious if they helped or hindered during collisions.

Thanks again for your reply and may God continue to Bless your family,
. . . tug