My family was involved in a very bad accident.

/ My family was involved in a very bad accident. #81  
Don, still praying for you and your family.

/ My family was involved in a very bad accident.
UPDATE ON FAMILY August 30th

My wife is going home September 2nd. She still has an open wound about the size of an adults hand on her left thigh. The insurance company is requring her to leave the hospital and rehab. She will be having home health care until I don't know when. As so as the dotors think her wound has healed enough they will try to close the remaining open section. I still think she has a month or more before she it walking much. She now can walk about 100 feet with her walker.

My grand daughter has left the hospital her wounds are all closed. She is Stallworth Rehab. The doctors are again telling us she has nerve damage in her right leg. They possible will do surgery to do a nevre graph we don't know when. They are saying without the nerve graph she will probably need a brace to walk.

We are praying for improvement day by day for both my wife and grand daughter. My grandson walked into my office the other day without his walker. He has been instructed by his out patient rehab to walk at least one hour per day with his walker and one hour per day without his walker. They are shooting for him to finished rehab by October 1st. Then he can return to school.

Thanks for your prayers.

Don

/ My family was involved in a very bad accident. #83  
Our prayers are with you and your family Don. Very happy to hear that things are progressing.

I will leave my offcie @ 10:00 a.m. CST to take my wife home from the hospital. Now comes the hard work for me. I need to miss work 3 days a week for the next 3 weeks, to take her to Rehab appointments. Also I need to take her to various Doctor appointments. But it will be a labor of love.

If my daughters were not involved in running Joy's business and taking care of their own family who were also hurt in the accident they would help with this. I love living 35 miles from downtown Nashville all the time except times like this.

Thank you for all your prayers.

Don

/ My family was involved in a very bad accident. #85  
Don, it's been awhile since we heard how your family is doing. What's the latest? Nothing but good news, I hope.

Well July 11th was 167 days ago. It is time to give you an update on my family.

Everyone in the accident is doing really well. Johanah, my grand daughter, is finally finished all of her surgeries and planning to retuern to school in January. She still walks with a very pronounced limp but at least she is walking. Drew, my grandson, well, if you didn't know he had been in an accident you could hardly tell from how he is today. He does have a slight limp when he gets tired. Jean, my daughter and Tony her husband are all doing fine. Tony is in school working on his teaching degree and Jean has returned to work at the Women's Homeless shelter. Joy, my wife, still isn't healed. She still has an open wound on her left thigh about the size of a silver dollar. She still has a wound vaccum. Her doctorr thinks she will be completely healed in a month or two. She will probably walk with a cane for some time but at least she is alive and walking.

I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I got what I wanted for Christmas and that was all my family healthy, (at least 4 of the 5 are), and home where they belong instead of being in the hospital. I hope you got your wish also!

God bless all of you and thankc you for your thought, kind words and prayers in the past 167 days.

Don

/ My family was involved in a very bad accident. #87  
Don,

Thank you for the update and sharing your good news with us. It's nice to hear of their improvement.

Merry Christmas to you and yours,
Eddie

/ My family was involved in a very bad accident. #88  
Don,
It comes as great news that your family is doing much better.

Merry Christmas and I know you won't forget the real reason for the season!!!;)

/ My family was involved in a very bad accident. #89  
Don

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear everyone is making a good recovery and at home where they belong. Wishing all of you a Merry Christmas.

Terry

/ My family was involved in a very bad accident. #90  
That's great, Don! Glad the recovery is going that well. I know it's been a tough several months now.