Christmas 2008

/ Christmas 2008 #1  

mikim

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TC45
We always have a hard time getting a time when all the kids can come to the house at the same time. This year the family Christmas was yesterday Dec 21. The big guy in the center of the one pic is my son. The babies are his twin boys. There's a shot of the cousins - 6 boys 1 girl. and a shot of my "kids" the boy, his sisters, and one of his sons.

Attachments

• P1010052 (600 x 450).jpg
    P1010052 (600 x 450).jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 162
  • P1010053 (600 x 450).jpg
    P1010053 (600 x 450).jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 159
  • P1010055 (600 x 450).jpg
    P1010055 (600 x 450).jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 158
   / Christmas 2008 #2  
Good food and wrestling on the floor, life doesn't get better! (Except when you put retired in the sentence!)
Merry Christmas!

/ Christmas 2008 #3  
We always have a hard time getting a time when all the kids can come to the house at the same time.

Ain't that the truth!:rolleyes: We seem to always have 4 or 5 Christmas gatherings that start on Christmas Eve and continue to New Year's Day. Of course, our family is so big we'd never have enough room if everyone showed up at once.

It looks like a nice time Mike. You have lot's of folks there to call you Grandpa.:)

/ Christmas 2008
It was a good day -- the boys were scolded all day for being too loud -- Catherine held her own -- and we all had a nice time just being together. Daughter asked me late last night what time I had to be at work this a.m. .......OH H_LL -- I gotta work in the a.m.! -- completely forgot ... so I went to bed and left them to talk late into the night. With any luck this was our last Christmas in this house -- future holidays to be in the country on the retirement ranch. Last workin' day is next Wed.

/ Christmas 2008 #5  
Mike,

Great pictures!! Thanks for sharing.

We have everyone over on Christmas Eve, which has sort of become a tradition that's talked about all year. We make a day of it with horse shoes, darts and four wheelers. If the weather is nice, then there's fishing and a hay ride. If it's raining, we just stay indoors and snack all day. Everyone is welcome, so there's always somebody new who doesn't have family or anyplace to go. We've had almost 40 people here, and the more the better!!!

When you move to the country, be sure to plan your shop for those big holiday get togethers. It's not only allot of fun, but a great reason to clean up the shop. If it wasn't for this, my shop would be a total mess with different projects spread out all over.

Eddie

/ Christmas 2008 #6  
When you move to the country, be sure to plan your shop for those big holiday get togethers.

Eddie

This quote nominated for the "BEST ADVISE OF THE YEAR" award!!!!

/ Christmas 2008 #7  
When you move to the country, be sure to plan your shop for those big holiday get togethers

Yep, I've already set up the tables for Christmas Day, but as others have said, it's sometimes hard to get everyone together at the same time, so I think there'll only be 12 of us Christmas Day. Our daughters, their husbands, and our grandson were here Friday for a little Christmas party, and for the younger daughter to leave her 3 dogs with us for this week, while they go on a week long Carribean cruise with her husband's family.

Then some of my wife's family that can't be here Christmas Day will be here Christmas Eve.

So the pictures are Christmas Day last year.

Attachments

• PC250008.JPG
    PC250008.JPG
    333.5 KB · Views: 122
  • PC250010.JPG
    PC250010.JPG
    281.5 KB · Views: 110
  • PC250015.JPG
    PC250015.JPG
    344.8 KB · Views: 123
   / Christmas 2008 #8  
Spent many a Christmas at sea on aircraft carriers... we were always creative. Best Christmas was about two years ago with inlaws in the Philippines (we were there for 59 days). Wife did a great job on gifts... MIL new pocket book and here brother new wallet... I say open them up... Yep 2000.00 peso's in each one! All the other kids and folks got great gifts also!

mark

/ Christmas 2008 #9  
to all a happy xmas.this year we are one short ,mom passed away 12/04.so it going to be a somber one.she live for xmass .she had a village that took up about 60x 12 feet ,that was set up under the tree.it not going to be the same.but we move on .so to all happy xmas and give the love one a hug.

/ Christmas 2008 #10  
To all a happy xmas.
This year we are one short ,mom passed away 12/04.
So it's going to be a somber one.
She lived for xmass .
She had a village that took up about 60x 12 feet ,that was set up under the tree.
It's not going to be the same,but we move on .
So to all happy xmas and give the love one a hug.
Sorry about your mom.
My mom died on Christmas day about 10 am.
Christmas ended early for me that day.
It will be 19 years ago come 12/25 8.