MJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / MJ #21  
Don't any of you remember when Princess Diana died? It was all over the news for weeks. Heck, its still on the news in recent weeks. The Kennedy assasinations, Dr. King, Elvis, The Pope. Famous people get attention. Normal folks don't. That's just the way it is.

Thats reason # 37 why I never want to be famous :D .

I gota admit I get sick of the media running this type of stuff in the ground .

As far as MJ , He was what He was , But No matter how famous he got or talented he was . or perverted as some say .

But IMHO , He was Destined as many child stars, actors, musicians & Beuty queens & what have Ya , as many others to make a train wreck out of their life . To me thats the sad part that parents allow & put their kids at risk by pushing them at an earlly age to make it big , More for their profit or bragging rights then for the good of the kids.

Kind of like throwing them under the bus & Hope they make it out without getting hurt . Not My idea of good parenting. Bob

/ MJ #22  
Don't any of you remember when Princess Diana died? It was all over the news for weeks. Heck, its still on the news in recent weeks. The Kennedy assasinations, Dr. King, Elvis, The Pope. Famous people get attention. Normal folks don't. That's just the way it is.

The people you mentioned above did great things. MJ wrote sang songs and slept with children, he shouldn't have gottin the time of day!

/ MJ #23  
You suspect it happened, but you have no first hand knowledge of it, therefore, your testimony is hearsay and not admissible in court.

If you said stuff like that about a live person, you could be sued for libel.

People really need to be careful about what they put in writing on the internet. It can come back to bite you if someone gets a lawyer involved.

I know that he paid a family off so he would not have to go to court. and I have seen the interview on TV where he talked about sleeping with kids, and he was holding hands with a kid, but they had the kids face blocked out....Did you see that interview ??

Need to be careful.

I think the news needs to be careful what they put on TV, and court TV....That's where i get my info... Diane Dimond from court TV has been reporting on him since 1993.

I know what 'Slander' is, and they would go after the big ones like NBC, CBS, ABC, Court TV, MSNBC and many others ones that put out this info. about him.

/ MJ #24  
AMEN! Moss Road.
I would that the soldiers recieved the same honors, but who could give recognition daily to the number of comrads in arms that in Afgahnastand, Iraq and other places around the Globe.

HOOAH!

/ MJ #25  
MossRoad: not sure what your saying in your last sentence "Even thought we all know your quilty".

All I was emphasizing was the gossipy talk that old biddies do and the way rumors get spread. Once someone starts a rumor it is extremely hard to kill it, whether it is true or not. With some accusations, even if you are found innocent in a court of law, your life is destroyed and unrepairable because "we all know you're guilty" never goes away.

There have been numerous cases where someone is falsely accused of something as sick as child molesting only to be found innocent when the accuser is found guilty of lying. However, the falsely accused still can't show their face in town because people point and talk and say there's that person that did such and such even though they have been cleared of all charges.

/ MJ #26  
But IMHO , He was Destined as many child stars, actors, musicians & Beuty queens & what have Ya , as many others to make a train wreck out of their life . To me thats the sad part that parents allow & put their kids at risk by pushing them at an earlly age to make it big , More for their profit or bragging rights then for the good of the kids.

Kind of like throwing them under the bus & Hope they make it out without getting hurt . Not My idea of good parenting. Bob

My daughters and I frequently have talks about child stars gone bad. Any time we watch a movie that they liked when they were kids, I ask them what happened to the child start.... have they gone to the dark side, yet? A few have not. A few have. It is amazing that their parents let it go that far. :(

/ MJ #27  
I know that he paid a family off so he would not have to go to court. and I have seen the interview on TV where he talked about sleeping with kids, and he was holding hands with a kid, but they had the kids face blocked out....Did you see that interview ??

Need to be careful.

I think the news needs to be careful what they put on TV, and court TV....That's where i get my info... Diane Dimond from court TV has been reporting on him since 1993.

I know what 'Slander' is, and they would go after the big ones like NBC, CBS, ABC, Court TV, MSNBC and many others ones that put out this info. about him.

Yes, I did see that interview. He used the word "sleep" in the sense of sleeping, not in the sense of sex.

Didn't any of you ever camp out with your kids? The whole family sleeping on one air mattress? We had a fold out sleeper sofa. On Friday nights my wife and I would pull out the sleeper, pop in movies, and we and our two children would eat pizza, watch movies and fall asleep. Big deal. I'd usually end up waking up about 3:00am with a kid's foot in my face and move to the other couch. How many of you remember piling into mom and dad's bed on Sunday morning to read the funny papers? Sheesh. And how many of you remember being really, really sick and falling asleep in your mother's or father's arms for a couple days? :rolleyes:

/ MJ #28  
All I was emphasizing was the gossipy talk that old biddies do and the way rumors get spread. Once someone starts a rumor it is extremely hard to kill it, whether it is true or not. With some accusations, even if you are found innocent in a court of law, your life is destroyed and unrepairable because "we all know you're guilty" never goes away.

There have been numerous cases where someone is falsely accused of something as sick as child molesting only to be found innocent when the accuser is found guilty of lying. However, the falsely accused still can't show their face in town because people point and talk and say there's that person that did such and such even though they have been cleared of all charges.

No problem MossRoad, and you are very correct in your words about false gossip. The reason I feel he was quilty was the fact he payed off the family, probably would have cost less to go to court. If{IF} he was innocent and did put up a fight at least it would have looked better for him??? I also saw some shots {on the news} of that secret back room. Why did he need a secret place to take children? How many other parents/kids didn't dare come forward because of the publicity? Remember back when the priest of the catholic church in Mass was found out. It took 30-40+ yrs for some folks to come forward and tell their story. The reason being is if the public reguards some with high praze, very hard to fight that with out getting kicked in the face. These famous/rich people live in a different world then the rest of us common folk and who are we too step on there toes. Common Joebob gets 1 lawyer, rich TV star gets 6, not very good odds.
Like I said "if" MJ was innocent he had enough people backing him he could have put up a true fight, why did he choose no to? I quess we'll never Know now, but if he did commit these crimes I bet there are a few former children that aren't crying over his death.

1 question for you MossRoad; what if it had been your child?

/ MJ #29  
1 question for you MossRoad; what if it had been your child?

It wouldn't have been my child. Who would let their child go play with a creepy guy alone? ;)

Look, I agree that the dude was bizarre. All I'm saying is everything we hear was hearsay and never corroborated in court.

As for settling out of court... that was a civil suit, not a criminal suit. Different rules apply. In a criminal suit, you have to be proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. In a civil suit, all you need is a sympathetic jury to "think" you are guilty. If the lawyers convince the jury that it might have happened, some on the jury will think, "Well, if MJ has so much money, and it may have happened, give the kid a ton of money just in case it happened and the kid needs counseling." MJs lawyers probably knew this and realized they could settle out of court for much less money than a jury could award. In essence, he traded his reputation for potentially tens of millions of dollars. Most of us say we would go to court to defend our reputations, but most of us don't have hundreds of millions of dollars on the line, either. I imagine that extremely wealthy people can probably live with peons like us thinking badly about them when they still have hundreds of millions of dollars to avoid us.

/ MJ #30  
I,d find it hard to beleive anyone on this forum or owns a tractor would let there kids stay there let alone visit . :D . Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.