MJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / MJ #1  

Piperflyer

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota3030HST
What did you all think of the Michael Jackson Memorial???

/ MJ #2  
Didn't watch it. I liked his earlier stuff with his family, and even his early solo work. But I think the weirdos got into his inner circle and he had a bizarre change and I stopped enjoying his work a long time ago. Really a waste of talent, though. If he had true friends, they would have tried to stop his apparent self destruction a long time ago. Sad, indeed. :(

/ MJ #4  
It is sad. He was a seemingly normal kid at first with an unusual amount of talent. What his father did to exploit this is questionable and could have been the initial push to his worsening mental state. Whether he was a pedophile or not in my opinion cannot be assessed at what we know through the news media. He may simply have had a stunted development that caused a need to relive a childhood where sleepovers were an innocent part of upbringing. Certain people in his surrounds that he befriended then took advantage of his wealth and saw an opportunity for exploitation. Lastly, if he was as tortured inside as he appeared on the outside, he may have been simply too tired to go on and no one on earth may have been able to stop what could have been an inevitable event without committing him.

/ MJ #5  
Michael Jackson...:rolleyes:...:confused:

/ MJ #6  
Micheal Jackson died?:eek: I need to get out of the hayfield and turn on the TV more.:p;);):cool:

Seriously, the soldiers who died overseas this month deserve more attention than he does.

/ MJ #7  
Micheal Jackson died?:eek: I need to get out of the hayfield and turn on the TV more.:p;);):cool:

Seriously, the soldiers who died overseas this month deserve more attention than he does.

Very well said !!!!!

MJ was a pedophile IMO and the reason I say this is from an interview with one of the investicating police. He said the back room in MJ house was full of child ****, BUT it could NOT be used against him in the trial they were doing because there was no evidence about the particular child in question. Also why did he leave the country and go into hidding. I quess I'll be one of the bones heads on this issue, but I'd rather see children left alone then see a jerk be treated like a hero. Many people have died latley and deserved MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH more attention then this idiot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ MJ #8  
The news media needs to do a good soul search

Tom in Vermont

Michael Jackson dies and it痴 24/7 news coverage.

A real American hero dies and not a mention of it in the news. The media seems to have no honor and God is watching...........

Ed Freeman

You're a 19-year-old kid. You're critically wounded and dying in the jungle in the Ia Drang Valley , 11-14-1965, LZ X-ray, Vietnam . Your infantry unit is outnumbered 8-1 and the enemy fire is so intense, from 100 or 200 yards away, that your own Infantry Commander has ordered the MediVac helicopters to stop coming in.

You're lying there, listening to the enemy machine guns, and you know you're not getting out. Your family is half way around the world, 12,000 miles away and you'll never see them again. As the world starts to fade in and out, you know this is the day.

Then, over the machine gun noise, you faintly hear that sound of a helicopter and you look up to see an unarmed Huey, but it doesn't seem real because no Medi-Vac markings are on it.

Ed Freeman is coming for you. He's not Medi-Vac, so it's not his job, but he's flying his Huey down in to the machine gun fire, after the Medi-Vacs were ordered not to come.

He's coming anyway.

And he drops it in and sits there in the machine gun fire as they load 2 or 3 of you on board.

Then he flies you up and out, through the gunfire to the doc tors and nurses.

And he kept coming back, 13 more times, and took about 30 of you and your buddies out, who would never have gotten out.

Medal of Honor Recipient Ed Freeman died on Wednesday, June 25th, 2009, at the age of 80, in Boise , ID. May God rest his soul.

/ MJ #9  
Very well said !!!!!

MJ was a pedophile IMO and the reason I say this is from an interview with one of the investigating police. He said the back room in MJ house was full of child ****, BUT it could NOT be used against him in the trial they were doing because there was no evidence about the particular child in question. Also why did he leave the country and go into hidding. I guess I'll be one of the bones heads on this issue, but I'd rather see children left alone then see a jerk be treated like a hero. Many people have died latley and deserved MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH more attention then this idiot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did you hear about this interview? I ask because I did not want to think of this man as a pedophile w/o compelling evidence. You are stating that he is. I am questioning whether he was or not because I cannot just go by the news media as they leave too much out and make up things to fashion their spin on things. A room full of child **** would certainly be compelling evidence which would alter my opinion especially if you yourself talked with this police detective. Him leaving the country is only circumstantial. If a person was falsely accused of such, they would not escape the perception of guilt. Many people have left an area because of this to get a fair shake and a fresh start.

As far as others questioning or abhorring his celebrity, like it or not, he was a worldwide known figure that altered and contributed to his field. Whatever grabs the medias attention has much to do with the enormity of the event. It also has to do with what they choose to make enormous or "news worthy". To wit: when a child goes missing, depending especially on whose child it was, that child is all you hear about. In the meantime, 20 other children have also gone missing but you'll never hear about those. I had a friend who just died. He reupped 4 times during WWII. He was wounded each time but he still went back to fight for his country. Years back I was with this man every day for 6 hours at a time for a period of 3 years. He never talked about this at all. Then we lost touch. It was only when I read his epitaph 2 weeks ago that I found this out. He was simply as unassuming as one could be. He is a hero to me and an example of patriotism that will always go unsung.

I also think that "soul searching", as much as it is indeed needed, by the news media is as large an improbability as the sun not rising. Many reporters are the equivalent of cockroaches for all they care about is their by line and their work has little to do with "the public's right to know" or accuracy for that matter. They'll pester and embarrass anyone just to get "their" story.

/ MJ #10  
I'm happy to say the front page of our local paper gave local deploying troops the main story and the Jackson story the side line this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.