A good friend passed on.

/ A good friend passed on. #1  

QRTRHRS

Elite Member
Tractor
None at this time.
Yesterday morning, I learned that a good friend had an apparent heart attack and died peacefully in his sleep. I had not seen him in quite nearly two years but my wife and his kept in touch via email so we both knew that we were each alive and well.

Initially, such upsetting news set off a firestorm of thoughts in one's mind while you seek some semblance of reasoning. It so happened that I had to drive my wife to a medical appointment about 90 minutes away so I time to think things over.

My friend was a life long farmer. He was one of those people that one would say would work until they dropped. Enjoying farming as he did, I do not think of that as being a bad thing.

Even with the trials and tribulations of modern day farming, he was never in a foul mood. A hay delivery with my friend and his partner was always a chance to catch up on things. Once pleasentries were exchanged, the task at hand undertaken, it almost seemed to end to soon as they would have to get on back to the farm.

He certainly understood the cycles of life and death of all living things. A less than stellar season would not phase him. He would plan for the next year. He certainly understood the cycles of life and death of all living things.

Had he been forewarned of his fate, sort of a two minute warning per George Carlin, he probably would have readily accepted his fate though I am sure he would rather had tossed a few more bales of hay.

A year shy of six decades myself, I find myself to be more troubled by the death of a friend. It just seems to hit closer to home I guess. Thanks for listening.

/ A good friend passed on. #2  
Sorry for the loss of your friend.

<________>

/ A good friend passed on. #3  
God Bless and keep you, through your turbulant period. Do know if God Brings you too it He'll bring you through it.
Remember Weeping may indure for a night but Joy comes in the morning.

The Wonderful, Fond memories will soon replace the grief.

My Prayers go out on behalf of your families.

God Bless

/ A good friend passed on. #4  
QRTRHRS, it's a sobering thing to lose a friend or brother and think about your own life in comparison. It's never too early to be prepared so that your loved ones don't have the extra burden of your estate on top of the grief of your loss. It's also good to realize you've entered a point in your life where what you eat, how much you rest, and how much stress you remove may extend your life for many years. I was certainly surprised when I had a heart attack about 3 years ago. That made me realize a lot of things I needed to change in my life.

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, but he would surely want you to think well of him as you do and to also use his passing to cause some self-examination. Your own family history is a good thing to examine. Knowing common family ailments and taking steps to mitigate those issues is a good thing.

/ A good friend passed on.
QRTRHRS, it's a sobering thing to lose a friend or brother and think about your own life in comparison. It's never too early to be prepared so that your loved ones don't have the extra burden of your estate on top of the grief of your loss. It's also good to realize you've entered a point in your life where what you eat, how much you rest, and how much stress you remove may extend your life for many years. I was certainly surprised when I had a heart attack about 3 years ago. That made me realize a lot of things I needed to change in my life.

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, but he would surely want you to think well of him as you do and to also use his passing to cause some self-examination. Your own family history is a good thing to examine. Knowing common family ailments and taking steps to mitigate those issues is a good thing.
With cancer, heart disease and ALS in my family tree, even the best diet and exercise is only going to go so far. But, I agree with everything that you have said here.

And thanks everyone for caring.