TBN Owners off to World Championships - CAIRO!

/ TBN Owners off to World Championships - CAIRO! #11  
Quite an achievement:), wish all the best for Muhammad. Would love to be able to see a clip of muhammad in action. I enjoyed watching Hadi Saiee, one of the best among many.

JC,:)

/ TBN Owners off to World Championships - CAIRO! #12  
Yes Hakim, I know exactly what you mean. There is only so much preparation and training you can do for sparring. Forms are also something that takes tireless training in order to become very proficient in them. Everything must be in muscle memory. Funny thing is, I never took forms seriously until I received a devastating injury and couldn't train for a year and a half. I did a lot of mental training in that time. When I came back, my instructor couldn't believe the improvement in my forms.
I have always marveled at the technical precision it takes to be very good at forms. Sparring is a different animal. What I like so much about sparring is that it is not scripted. You need not only the technical ability but also the lightning quick reflexes. I'm sure your sons will tell you that they spar their best when there is no thought, when their mind is blank. Some of my most memorable sparring matches I don't remember, if it makes any sense. Everything was automatic, like I knew what they were doing before they did it. Let's just hope that their mental preparation is done. If they are where they need to be mentally, the competition is already over. Please keep us posted. I would also love to see video of their poomsae.

Chung shin!

Andy

/ TBN Owners off to World Championships - CAIRO! #13  
Hi Everybody, Thanks for the well wishes. Team USA is doing well---I competed today and made the semi-final selection, but did not win a medal. Tomorrow is day three of competition and we hope to secure some medals for the USA. It's been an honor to represent my country again. :)

/ TBN Owners off to World Championships - CAIRO! #14  
Hang in there, and good luck!

/ TBN Owners off to World Championships - CAIRO! #15  
I have been rooting for you Muhammad. What an honor to represent your country in a world championship of any kind. This being Tractorbynet you know we want some photo's or video.

Semi finals, not to shabby for a computer guy. :D

MarkV

/ TBN Owners off to World Championships - CAIRO! #16  
Thanks for the update and go U.S.A.!!! :D

I told our daughters about your current competition. They smiled really big and said good luck!

(12 year old tests for brown belt in Karate on Saturday. 16 year old black belt sits on the testing board :) )

/ TBN Owners off to World Championships - CAIRO!
Mossroad,

Best of success to your young testor on Saturday. Just keep on going, and one day she'll amaze herself as well as the rest of us.

Hakim

/ TBN Owners off to World Championships - CAIRO! #18  
Mossroad,

Best of success to your young testor on Saturday. Just keep on going, and one day she'll amaze herself as well as the rest of us.

Hakim

We're already amazed at what kids can do if they enjoy it and set their minds to it. Their Sensei is a great influence on them and teaches them respect, respect, respect before anything else. It is fun to watch them learn something new and watch the smiles as they accomplish new goals. When a little kid realizes they can take down a much larger opponent through proper technique and training it gives them a huge boost of confidence, not just in physical competitions, but when facing other tasks in life as well. I really encourage everyone to consider enrolling your children in a well respected local martial arts class. Just let them try it out. :)

/ TBN Owners off to World Championships - CAIRO! #19  
We're already amazed at what kids can do if they enjoy it and set their minds to it. Their Sensei is a great influence on them and teaches them respect, respect, respect before anything else. It is fun to watch them learn something new and watch the smiles as they accomplish new goals. When a little kid realizes they can take down a much larger opponent through proper technique and training it gives them a huge boost of confidence, not just in physical competitions, but when facing other tasks in life as well. I really encourage everyone to consider enrolling your children in a well respected local martial arts class. Just let them try it out. :)

Yeah, kind of when I bought my first tractor a little over 2 months ago. Muhammad, I wish you luck with your competion. bring home that medal.:)

/ TBN Owners off to World Championships - CAIRO! #20  
It takes a lot of work and endurance. My oldest daughter is a first degree black belt, oldest grandson will be testing for 2nd degree black belt and his younger brother is a brown belt.