Happy BIRD-day!

/ Happy BIRD-day!
Happy Birthday Bird.

I got up this morning planning on being there, but made the mistake of answering my phone. Some clients, I just don't say no to. LOL

Thanks for the pictures, it looked like allot of fun, and I sure wanted to see everyon.

Is Harvey getting younger?

Eddie

Eddie, we were so worried about you! Thankfully, what we really thought happened did happen. We were sure something came up, but we were concerned that with the bad weather, you might also have had problems getting there. We missed you a bunch, but I'm sure we all understand.:)

Don, that is so scary!:eek: Many years ago when I was a young sailor in the US Navy, I was travelling between the east coast and Texas with my wife and baby in a 1964 Volkswagen Bug. On the way, some rednecks in a pickup decided to have fun with the VW. They acted like they were going to bump me or run me off the road. Luckily, they gave up after awhile and let us go.

One more thing for everyone who attended: Bird's daughter, Kristy, misplaced her car keys and some others on the ring. It's a standard wireless key ring with a car key and several door keys, including a yellow ring on one key. Please look through your stuff to see if you may have accidentily picked up her keys.

/ Happy BIRD-day! #32  
That's the kind of party I'd like to have been at! Happy birthday, Bird, and many more!

Attachments

• birthday.gif
    birthday.gif
    1.3 KB · Views: 333
   / Happy BIRD-day! #34  
Happy birthday Bird.

/ Happy BIRD-day! #35  
Eddie, we were so worried about you! Thankfully, what we really thought happened did happen. We were sure something came up, but we were concerned that with the bad weather, you might also have had problems getting there. We missed you a bunch, but I'm sure we all understand.:)

Don, that is so scary!:eek: Many years ago when I was a young sailor in the US Navy, I was travelling between the east coast and Texas with my wife and baby in a 1964 Volkswagen Bug. On the way, some rednecks in a pickup decided to have fun with the VW. They acted like they were going to bump me or run me off the road. Luckily, they gave up after awhile and let us go.

One more thing for everyone who attended: Bird's daughter, Kristy, misplaced her car keys and some others on the ring. It's a standard wireless key ring with a car key and several door keys, including a yellow ring on one key. Please look through your stuff to see if you may have accidentily picked up her keys.

Bird called us to see if the keys on the bumper of my wife's car were ours or Kristy's. They were ours. She had laid them on the bumper while unloading the car Friday. They rode there while I used her car to visit a client and Home Depot. They also sat there for the trip from Wylie across the metromess to Denton and Bird's party. As we were leaving a member of the VFW came out with them as he didn't think it good to leave them out in plain sight.

Of course, we didn't have a Hummer on alcohol playing games behind us either.

Eddie, think fine wine.........

/ Happy BIRD-day! #36  
Bird - belated Happy Birthday! Looks like it was a great party and a great time. Wishing you many more.....

/ Happy BIRD-day! #37  
BIRD!!!!

Dear friend-- happy belated birthday--- and here's to many more.. You are truly a great man with many friends..

As many of my co-workers will tell on me for, I remember great expressions and memorable quotes from history and movies.

From a Christmas Classic: It's a Wonderful Life- In the closing scene---
"no man is a failure who has friends"

Well Bird, from my perspective you are one of a kind and I can't say enough about the helpful friendly and caring you have shown here....

May you always know how much we all think of you...

Happy Birthday!!!

J

/ Happy BIRD-day! #38  
I believe one of the most special relationships we can have as fathers is the one we have with our daugthers. It's like the one between mothers and sons, but better I think. Holly's love and respect for Bird defines the reward the father of a daughter gets in return for always being there as a father.

I told her in the hallway afterwards that sometimes when you throw a stone into a pool there's more that happens than the splash. Her relationship with her father is like that. The ripples their relationship sends out will affect all the fathers of daughters that see it. I believe daughters want a dad like Bird. I know fathers want daughters like Holly.

So the next time you read a comment here from Bird and you think that was a nice or respectful thing to say, well, that's our Bird, doing what he does, always has done, here, and in real life.

/ Happy BIRD-day! #39  
As one of my coffee cups says:

Hippo Birdy two Ewes.

/ Happy BIRD-day!
Okay folks, the fat guy in Wise County, Texas has too much time on his hands.:eek: Kathy suggested to me that the Bird Bobblehead needed a cap. I couldn't resist and did a little Photoshopping this morning. What do you think? Is there a new avatar in the making here?:D

Attachments

• BobbleCap.jpg
    BobbleCap.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 121
  • BirdsNewAvatar.jpg
    BirdsNewAvatar.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 115