Happy BIRD-day!

/ Happy BIRD-day! #52  
Happy Birthday Bird....wish we coulda been there.

/ Happy BIRD-day! #54  
Happy Birthday Bird....wish we coulda been there.

Yep, Mike, those of you who weren't able to make it missed a good time, good visit, and good barbecue. Sorry you weren't there.

/ Happy BIRD-day! #55  
Quick update on the out of control Hummer. PD called today, He was arrested and he was very intoxicated.

/ Happy BIRD-day! #57  
Quick update on the out of control Hummer. PD called today, He was arrested and he was very intoxicated.

Eight or nine years ago I was heading north on a two lane state highway out of Wylie. I was following a beat up old chevy pickup with three guys in the cab. When the speed limit changed to sixty five from fifty five they stayed at fifty five.

When I got a chance to go around them they sped up and kept me out in the left lane.

I dropped in behind them because of oncoming traffic. They thought it was funny.

I tried to pass them again and they repeated the tomfoolery.

I dialed 9-1-1

The sheriff got involved. I was told to maintain a safe distance and to stay on line with the operator. There was a deputy coming up from the south and two officers from the next town north of us was coming our way too.

The operator told me to tell her when I saw the police from Farmersville approaching. I was to flash my headlights to let them know who I was and then I was to pull over and allow the officers to address the yahoos in the pickup.

The officers put the boys on the ground and then one of them came back to where I was parked. He told me I could leave, they had it under control.

/ Happy BIRD-day! #58  
Okay folks, the fat guy in Wise County, Texas has too much time on his hands.:eek: Kathy suggested to me that the Bird Bobblehead needed a cap. I couldn't resist and did a little Photoshopping this morning. What do you think? Is there a new avatar in the making here?:D

I'd vote for the New Avatar!

This high definition media is just not very complimentary. Seems to make us look heavier than what we really are ;) ........especially on the TV pictures that are stretched to fill the wide screen TV's. We could get away with alot more with the fuzzy low resolution technology!

Happy 70th Bird-day, Bird! ......and many more!

Don

/ Happy BIRD-day! #59  
Bird I was out of town and just now saw this thread. Though belated, Happy Birthday to you sir. Looks like a great party, great family and some great friends.

Bird, a decade or so ago when we all met on TBN did you ever think you would have internet friends attending a birthday party for you? It is a unique group we have here.

Best Wishes,

MarkV

/ Happy BIRD-day! #60  
Mark, it's amazing how much has happened over the years that we, or at least I, never even dreamed might happen.

You know I think wroughtn_harv (philosopher, artist, welder, builder, teacher, friend, etc.) would have to get the credit for starting the get togethers in our part of the country,

And while I guess several TBNers helped my daughters with the surprise party, they've told me jinman was really indispensable.

I know within the group is a fantastic amount of talent and abilities.