Happy BIRD-day!

/ Happy BIRD-day! #1  

jinman

Rest in Peace
Tractor
NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee
Today was Bird's 70th birthday and we had a heck of a party for him.:D:D:D

What was best was that it was a total surprise.:eek: His daughters have been planning this for the last year and he didn't know about it. Behind the scenes, they contacted several of us who know Bird well and we passed the word around to those in the local area to come to his surprise party. Perhaps the most amazing thing is that nobody let the "cat out of the bag" and Bird didn't know about it.

The party was held at the VFW Hall in Denton, Texas. In the pictures that follow, that's why you will see so much military stuff. I'll try to let the pictures do most of the talking and others may have additional pictures and thoughts they would like to contribute.

A special thanks goes out to Muhammad for sending a brand new signed TBN ballcap and some TBN bumper stickers to hand out at the party.:0 Muhammad and Ibrahim signed the cap and then sent it to me. I took it to the party and all the attending TBNers signed the bill of the cap so Bird would have that as a keepsake. We are also giving him a framed picture of the group to hang in his garden to scare away the crows.;):D

The first group of pictures shows Bird with his birthday cake. Thank goodness they didn't put 70 candles on that cake or we would have had to give Bird CPR.:rolleyes: The cake had a picture of Bird and his prize pig and also a picture of him in his police uniform.

Attachments

• Bird-Cake.jpg
    Bird-Cake.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 402
  • Cake.jpg
    Cake.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 373
   / Happy BIRD-day! #2  
I finally got the answer I'm sure everyone here on TBN has had on their minds. "Where in gawd's green acres would a man get a name like BIRD?"

He was named after his grandpa. So Bird is really Bird and not some bird.

/ Happy BIRD-day!
Bird's daughter, Holly, MC'd the event and both of Bird's daughters hosted a buffet to die for. The first picture shows Holly at the microphone.

The second picture is inside the VFW hall with the whole crowd that included TBNers, police force friends, relatives, and other friends. We had a large group despite the rainy weather outside.

Bird was presented with many gifts. He seems to like his new hat and he posed with the TBNers to show it off. There was also a gift/birthday card table. TxDon and Kyle_in_Tx made sure that bird has plenty of peanuts for awhile. That's a 25 lb bag of peanuts that Don brought.:eek:

Attachments

• Holly-the-MC.jpg
    Holly-the-MC.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 326
  • VFW-Hall.jpg
    VFW-Hall.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 266
  • NewHat.jpg
    NewHat.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 271
  • B-DayGroup.jpg
    B-DayGroup.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 303
  • GiftTable.jpg
    GiftTable.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 201
  • Peanuts-a-Plenty.jpg
    Peanuts-a-Plenty.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 214
   / Happy BIRD-day! #5  
They really put together a great party, great food and great fellowship! Bird was surprised but certainly not speechless. Heard some really good stories today. Mrs. Alan L. and I are honored that we were included in this.

/ Happy BIRD-day!
The gift that really stole the show was the Bird bobblehead doll. What a hoot! It looks just like Bird.:D Watching his face when he opened the box was worth paying for.:cool:

Attachments

• BirdBobbleHead-1.jpg
    BirdBobbleHead-1.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 282
  • BirdBobbleHead.jpg
    BirdBobbleHead.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 263
   / Happy BIRD-day! #7  
Hey, happy birthday Bird!

/ Happy BIRD-day!
Finally, here's a gallery of the TBNers who attended with their wives. I'm gonna start with Bird and his lovely wife, Margaret.

Next is:
TxDon - Don and Karen
GSGanzer - Gordon and Shellie
AlanL - Alan and Theresa
Wroughtn_Harv - Harvey and Glenda
Z Rench - Terry and Wife
Kyle_in_Tx - Kyle and Elizabeth (daughter Finnly)
jinman - Jim and Kathy

Bgoodman - Bobby Goodman was there, but avoided the camera somehow.

Attachments

• Bird-Margaret.jpg
    Bird-Margaret.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 229
  • TBN-Guys-n-Gals-02.jpg
    TBN-Guys-n-Gals-02.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 225
  • TBN-Guys-n-Gals-05.jpg
    TBN-Guys-n-Gals-05.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 238
  • TBN-Guys-n-Gals-01.jpg
    TBN-Guys-n-Gals-01.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 242
  • TBN-Guys-n-Gals-07.jpg
    TBN-Guys-n-Gals-07.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 200
  • TBN-Guys-n-Gals-06.jpg
    TBN-Guys-n-Gals-06.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 217
  • TBN-Guys-n-Gals-03.jpg
    TBN-Guys-n-Gals-03.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 244
  • TBN-Guys-n-Gals-04.jpg
    TBN-Guys-n-Gals-04.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 266
   / Happy BIRD-day!
It's about you, Bird; enjoy the moment. I know we all did.:)

attachment.php

Attachments

• BirthdayBoy.jpg
    BirthdayBoy.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 782
   / Happy BIRD-day! #10  
Thanks to everyone. For those who don't know them, we have a great bunch of TBN guys and gals in this part of the country, and I'm proud to call them friends.

And as Jim said, there were also some relatives, former neighbors, and former co-workers there, including some I hadn't seen in more than 20 years.