This time it didn't get away!

/ This time it didn't get away! #1  

irvingj

Elite Member
Tractor
2007 MF GC2310 TLB
During our 1-week school vacation, I made a quick trip back to Miramachi, New Brunswick (actually, Blackville).... very quick: 10 hrs up, overnight, fish all day, up at 2:30 local time the next morning. After 9-1/2 hrs, back at home with memories....

I had gone to try to catch the elusive Atlantic Salmon in the Miramachi River last summer, had a great time touring New Brusnwick on the way. Alas, with all the rain last summer, the river was high and I got skunked. I did see one, a large one, who made a serious pass at my fly but didn't get it and didn't come back. That was as close as I got.

This time, however, went better-- two "black" salmon, one 34", one 38", a pair of grilse, and a couple brook trout. And no rain!:thumbsup:

My little VW Jetta wagon, this time without the camper, did a respectable 47+ mpg over the approximately 1300 miles, pushing it pretty hard all the way. Well, it didn't actually pay for the trip, but I figure I probably saved around $80 in fuel with that diesel....:D

Nice place up there, neighbors! Next time, Nova Scotia!!

Attachments

• DSC02817.JPG
    DSC02817.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 158
   / This time it didn't get away! #2  
Now thats a hand full..niiiice..more so on grill. :)

Last week Mascoma Lake..lake trout are getting hungry...average catch.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    275.3 KB · Views: 129
   / This time it didn't get away! #3  
Mmmm, trout and salmon.