A Young Marine's Funeral

/ A Young Marine's Funeral #1  

Bird

Epic Contributor
God Bless All Our Service Men & Women! I just thought some of you might want to see this youtube video. The young sergeant had already been cremated, and the funeral director (man in black by the back end of the hearse) is my son-in-law. You can go to www.brownmem.com and read the obituary.

/ A Young Marine's Funeral #4  
Semper Fi

Eddie

/ A Young Marine's Funeral #5  
Bird- Thanks for posting that...

Semper Fi Leatherneck, Guard the Streets well.....

J

/ A Young Marine's Funeral #6  
AMEN!!

/ A Young Marine's Funeral #7  
It always hurts when young people come home like that.

/ A Young Marine's Funeral
I had sent an e-mail asking my son-in-law whether there were more details or a video of the ceremony for Sergeant Walters at the DFW National Cemetery, and he sent an e-mail saying there probably will be, but it may be another day or two for the production to be completed. Apparently the videos are done by Jerry Castillo, founder of USFallen.org or volunteers working with him. I was not aware of that website but thought some of you might want to see it.

/ A Young Marine's Funeral #9  
It always hurts when young people come home like that.

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends - John 15:13

His poor parents - no-one should have to bury their children - whatever the circumstances.

One thing I did not understand - was he cremated before repatriation? I thought US war heroes were interred at Arlington?

J

/ A Young Marine's Funeral #10  
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends - John 15:13

His poor parents - no-one should have to bury their children - whatever the circumstances.

One thing I did not understand - was he cremated before repatriation? I thought US war heroes were interred at Arlington?

J

The burial location is chosen by the nearest living relative or the last wishes.
It is offered but not all are buried in Arlington.

As a former Marine, if I have to bury my child I would rather it be from them protecting my freedom than
Some drunk driver victim or stupid preventable accident.

That may be wrong to think that but as a patriot that is a thought that has been
Spoken in my family for some time.

J