I,m losing her

/ I,m losing her #1  

crusty 1

Platinum Member
I knew the day would come but I,m not prepared to lose my friend,faithfull partner Abbie.Shes a shetland sheep dog. My best friend for the past 13&1/2 years.She is family to me,as I,m sure you dog people know.It breaks my heart to see her look at me as if to say Dad can,t you help me?I of course can not.She,s lived past her normal time and is just getting tired.She loves every one and they in turn love her,shes a sweetheart.She has never been more than a few feet away from me,shes always kept me in sight,always at my feet and has layed next to me when I,v been ill.I,d do anything for her that was within my power,but as you know I have no say over this.Give your faithfull companion an extra pat on the head tonight for a job well done,they earn it.Forgive me for being so sad:(Dave

/ I,m losing her #2  
Crusty,

My good dear friends lost their lab of 14 years a week ago. I cried for them and will cry for you.

We owe so much to our pets... Turn your sadness into pleasure by supporting another animal wither it be in a shelter or a stray...

Although I am a 'city' boy who spent most of his youth at my grandparents farm - because I loved it - my wife is the horse owner... but I do miss them when I am away and always enjoy their company when around the stable.

Lloyd

/ I,m losing her #3  
I know what your going through, its never any easier, but 13 1/2 years was a good life..Time will heal, but the feelings will stay a long time maybe forever Mine is gone now two years and I was a Buddy's and he has two that reminded me of mine, and I could feel it inside.Your right just like family..

/ I,m losing her #4  
Been down that path Dave and its heart string puller..wiping dust from your eyes only shows how much care/love.

Abbie memories shall always be cherish!!!

/ I,m losing her #5  
Sorry to hear that Dave. Seems like all dogs have something unique about their character/personality. I think that's how we remember them after they are gone. I am sure you gave your dog a good life, that's the best we can do.
Dave.

/ I,m losing her #6  
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

/ I,m losing her #7  
I feel for you, I've been there.
Rob

/ I,m losing her #8  
Felt pain like yours a few times. I try to make the beloved friends last time as pleasant for them even though it may not be for me.

/ I,m losing her #9  
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
I'm a gruff old man now...but, I have to dig down deep into a special place that few friends know to tell you something...that is the most eloquent, beautiful thing I have ever heard. It brings me peace as I think about my 10 year old, always by my side companion Sally...I'm sure your words will bring comfort to Crusty, as they have me. God bless you for your kind and loving words. :)

/ I,m losing her #10  
rekees4300 I just had to save what you wrote. Thank You