I,v lost her

/ I,v lost her #1  

crusty 1

Platinum Member
I want to thank from the very bottom of my heart for the kind sentaments and well wishes regarding my best friend Abbie my 13&1/2 year old shelty I want you all to know it means alot.I can,t read all the posts just yet it,s hard to read looking through tears.Abbie was put down because her ailments were mounting,just old age.The vet said she was never in pain,just worn out,which was good to hear.I gave her much love[spoiled brat], and it will be lonely around here with out her.Because I have multiple sclerosis and the wife is employed in the twin cities I depended on Abbie for company and moral support.I,v already started to look for a new shelty,their such a loving and loyal breed.Besides if someone stops by and hears me talking I can always say I was talking to the dog[read crazy old goat].Again, thank all you dog lovers.I don,t think man is complete without the love of a dog.:)Dave

/ I,v lost her #2  
I want to thank from the very bottom of my heart for the kind sentaments and well wishes regarding my best friend Abbie my 13&1/2 year old shelty I want you all to know it means alot.I can,t read all the posts just yet it,s hard to read looking through tears.Abbie was put down because her ailments were mounting,just old age.The vet said she was never in pain,just worn out,which was good to hear.I gave her much love[spoiled brat], and it will be lonely around here with out her.Because I have multiple sclerosis and the wife is employed in the twin cities I depended on Abbie for company and moral support.I,v already started to look for a new shelty,their such a loving and loyal breed.Besides if someone stops by and hears me talking I can always say I was talking to the dog[read crazy old goat].Again, thank all you dog lovers.I don,t think man is complete without the love of a dog.:)Dave

Dave sorry for your loss. I sometimes wish I were half the man my dogs think I am.

/ I,v lost her #4  
Dave, I am very sorry for you loss. It is hard to lose a family member, and they are family members.

/ I,v lost her #5  
Sorry to hear about Abbie.
I was looking at pictures of those dogs from reading your other thread.
They are beautiful .
Almost made me want to go out and get me one.

/ I,v lost her #6  
Dave -
My little Sheltie "Lady" also lived to a very mature age. It's never easy. She was the best dog I ever had the privilege to share a portion of my life with. We were inseparable. She was smart as a whip, and my best lil' girl.
She left a big ol hole in my heart when it was time for her to go.

As time has passed the sadness has now been replaced now with only fond memories. I have no doubt , when I get where I'm going she'll be there and we'll just pick right up where we left off.

It takes time , but it will get better.

I wish you Peace.

/ I,v lost her #7  
Dave, My thoughts and prayers are with you today. My little sheltie is my best buddy, and to loose him would be devastating. I know it will happen someday too.
You know, it will ease with time, but it the missing will always be there.
Steve and The Everett

/ I,v lost her #9  
When my faithful old friend Frasier crossed the rainbow bridge we buried him and planted a tree on the site. Now every time I go out back and see that tree I remember all the good times we had. Time helps but it does not heal all.

/ I,v lost her #10  
Dave, I feel your pain brother. Mollie was a below-the-belt hit for me as well. "Attached" is an understatement for how we feel for our old canine pardners. Keep the good memories close at hand and you know what they say about time....

Last edited: