Tis the season

/ Tis the season #1  

robs660

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B20
I needed a place to rant where my wife would never see it!

I spent yesterday re-building the FEL controls on my B20 because her parents were here for the afternoon. Actually her mom got here on Wed and her Dad "stopped in to see his only grand daughter for 3 hours" I am sure I am not the only one on here that hates their in-laws. I was glad I had something to do after the first hour of my father in law telling me what he bought and how much he spend on it. I am out of work right now and really don't need to hear it from someone who owns a large multi-million dollar company that is 20 minutes from my home. I have and will never ask them for anything. He had to tell me about the $40K he spent on a new Kubota UTV and the Linde forklift that was $60K and the blah blah blah that he bought and about the huge addition they are putting on there 2nd home farm in virginia. AND - All my mother in law does is sit on the couch and drive wine of coffee. I feel like the hired help cleaning up after her. Neither of them are happy or excited to be grand parents and the "kid" gets in the way. (That's what they told my aunt at her first birthday) My family is not perfect but they have a genuine sense of family and love. I am hoping that I come down with some sort of plague so that I do not have to go to Virginia for Christmas. I actually feel bad for my daughter because she will have to spend 5 days in a house full of knick-nacks that she is not allowed to touch. Try telling a 1 1/2 year old to not pick up all the antique toys.

Anyway - thanks for reading my rant - I am going to spend today building snow plow mounts for the Kubota, and then maybe I will clean the gutters or go dig a hole somewhere.

Happy Holidays -

/ Tis the season #2  
First, I'll say that I feel sorry for you. Maybe we were just lucky, but my wife and my parents thought a great deal of each other and got along very well. And I thought a great deal of my in-laws so we got along very well, too.

Secondly, I'd be careful of what I posted on the Internet where it can be seen by anyone.

/ Tis the season #3  
I needed a place to rant where my wife would never see it!

...Try telling a 1 1/2 year old to not pick up all the antique toys.

...Happy Holidays -
I would not be too sure about that!!!

My mom was an antique dealer, we had old toys... that were allowed to be played with... She would say that they made it this long to become antiques!

Same to you, Merry Christmas...

/ Tis the season #4  
Robs, I don't hate anyone & really liked my inlaws when they were alive. If you don't want to be treated like hired help then don't act like hired help, at least not in your own home. Your daughter has little choice about where she spends Christmas but you (and your wife ) do. Your wife chose you but sound like maybe your inlaws did'nt. Forcing your wife to choose between you & her parents may be coming & that may be a bad move. Given your unemployed status, our economic times, and your expressed sense of anger & value, you might want to get some counseling before you end up ranting alone. Consider involving your daughter in your alone time rather than hiding outside.
At TBN we all enjoy an occasional tractor rant but your's is off topic. I wish you only the best but get help now! MikeD74t