Headin' to San Antonio today

/ Headin' to San Antonio today #1  

jinman

Rest in Peace
Tractor
NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee
My wife and I are driving down to San Antonio today to Lackland AFB. My oldest grandson is graduating from Air Force Basic Training on Friday. We will get to spend a half-day with him on base tomorrow and then after graduating Friday, he will have a town pass so we can go celebrate. I'm really proud of this kid. He's very smart and will be going to avionics training at Sheppard AFB in Wichita Falls, TX after Basic Training. He took the battery of tests and pretty much got any field he wanted because of his scores. He's a tall, clean-cut lookin' kid who is very polite and has a great life ahead if he plays his cards right. I'm very excited for him. I'm posting a picture of us before he went to BMT and I'll try to get a few more pictures of him this weekend in his new AF uniform. I'm also excited.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• BryanBeforeBMT.jpg
    BryanBeforeBMT.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 147
   / Headin' to San Antonio today #2  
Tell that clean cut all american young man Congradulations .... Thats something the both you you can be proud of.

Enjoy yourself and be carefull ...

/ Headin' to San Antonio today #3  
Jim, congratulations to you, your family and your grandson's accomplishments so far! :thumbsup: We're looking forward to the celebration pics.:)

/ Headin' to San Antonio today #4  
That's just great, Jim. I hope all of you have a great time celebrating. And the young man is going to be stationed even closer to you now.

/ Headin' to San Antonio today #5  
Do shake your son's hand for me Jim..Congrats.

Indeed you should be prouder than peacock Jim..one heck of sweet holiday gift. :)

/ Headin' to San Antonio today #6  
I was avionics for my 21 yrs -- but it's all changed since then. He'll be close enough to come to your place for weekends......hmmm....need a young strong back for some chores around the place?:thumbsup:
You should stop by on the way home and take a look at our new house. Coming up I35 take the toll rd 130 around the east side of Austin and jump off at 290 -- Paige is about 20 miles east of there on 290.

/ Headin' to San Antonio today #7  
Have fun in S.A. You should be super proud of your grandson. With the quality of young men entering our Service, I feel safe against any threat we face in this crazy world.

My son wants to join the military, my wife is a basket case. Secretly I'm quite proud. She must suspect something, she constantly reminds me " don't you encourage him "

-Mike-

Last edited:
   / Headin' to San Antonio today #8  
I have all the respect in the world for the "grunts" ..the guys with boots on the ground. Everything I did in the AF was to help keep planes in the air in their support. That being said....I was glad to be in the support position rather than in the bullets flying at me position.

/ Headin' to San Antonio today #9  
Congratulations Jim. Nice to hear your good news!!!!

Eddie

/ Headin' to San Antonio today
Thanks everyone for the good wishes. I'll relay those to my grandson. We just arrived in San Antonio and are getting settled in (a.k.a. checkin' TBN, of course).:laughing:

Mike, I know my grandson will be around to help when he can get away from the base. He's a good tractor operator and takes instructions very well. If I need lots of help, maybe I can offer him and some of his buddies some juicy steaks and some time fishin' in our lake. Now that I have two tractors, we should be able to really make a mess of things.:shocked:;)