Planes, Trains & Automobiles

/ Planes, Trains & Automobiles #1  

mjarrels

Elite Member
Tractor
1949 farmall, 1961 Fordson Dexta, 1986 Duetz Allis, 2001 Kubota.
Nope, Jeepneys, victory liner buses and light rail. I'm off to Manila today for a three day stay. Going to visit some sights including mall of asia, might even enjoy a large pizza. Since we will travel all day today, having a breakfast of fried rice, fried egg and fried spam. I've been there before along with my wife and kids. We brought my sons friend who has never traveled outside the US, he will enjoy mall of asia and other historic sights in Manila. What did I do on Christmas and New Years day, went swimming in the South China sea, water temp is like bath water this time of year. Might visit the American cemetary in Makata again, thousands and thousands of American graves, many labeled "Known only to God" from WW2. Brings tears to your eye. Use to always rent a van for a few days, going public transportation this time so the kids can learn how it works and enjoy the sights, sounds and smells. Funny, I can travel 5 hours to Manila, get around in Manila using public transportation but back home in Virginia, I can't go three miles to a food store using public transportation, doesn't exist except for on College campuses. Nothing like a ride on a new air conditioned Victory Liner, set back and enjoy the ride.

mark

/ Planes, Trains & Automobiles #2  
Mark,enjoy your trip.Ya we are behind the times with some public trans here for sure.Your reply to my new years greeting about us being a day behind etc and the int. date line made me feel a little like being in the"twilight zone":laughing:.Enjoy the trip:thumbsup:Have a good new year what ever time or place you're in:confused2:Dave