Ahhh man, not again...

/ Ahhh man, not again... #1  

arsenix2001

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3540 HTSC-3
I guess im posting this up asxa reminder to eceryone to spend every second you can with your loved ones. Im 30 and my father is 65, and last march he had a heart attack basically right in front of me, had to call the ambulance... Only me and him home thank god... Sirens blaring, all the rescue 911 stuff. He had 1 100% blockage and another 80 with no prior symptoms or indications... But thank god, 2 stints later he was back in action. It affected me so much I started developing anxiety issues and eventually sold my excavation business so I could spend more time with my folks as we are very close.
Well yesterday he had a stress test done and duribg which the ekg wasnt very good and they found another blockage... He started having another mild heart attack 3 hrs later. So i was at the hospital all night an now hes going in for another angioplasty/stint today. Its driving me nuts.
Dont ever leave angry, dont ever waste a second of your life and dont ever forget to let them know you care... You never know when the world turns upside down.
Im going to go keep busy painting the ballast blocks i made for my plugger before all this happened yesterday:(

/ Ahhh man, not again... #2  
I know what you mean. Lots of us take loved ones for granted until something horrible happens. My mom was diagnosed with lung cancer last month and it was a kick in my stomach. Totally unexpected. I always thought lung cancer happened to those who smoked. My mom never smoked a day in her life. I am keeping my faith and the doctor said that is the only area where cancer was detected and she will be able to have surgery to remove that diseased lung and should be fine with just one lung. I am praying for a successful surgery. Good luck to you and your family. It is amazing how far heart surgery has come in the last decade. My father had one of those angioplasty (sp) done a couple of years ago.

/ Ahhh man, not again... #3  
We hope the very best for your dad. My DIL works in a Cath Lab and they can do some amazing procedures. We need to live every day as if it were going to be our last. Ken Sweet

/ Ahhh man, not again... #4  
Sorry to hear about your dad. Hopefully everything will work out well and he'll be around for many more years. Having parents and immediate family is a treasure.:thumbsup:

/ Ahhh man, not again... #5  
Sad to say, like farther like son, have you had your hart checked, you may be as risk too?

/ Ahhh man, not again... #6  
My dad had a quad by pass last year, I spent two weeks with him in intensive care whaching him suffer from extreme nausea and diziniess.
usually, when you go through an operation like this they prep you with a special diet etc... but because of the chest pains he was experiencing they had to operate on him 4 hours after he arrived.

This messed up his gal bladder and digestive system so bad.

Happy to say he is back to his grumpy self again :)

Apparently by pass is a very common surgury. Most who go through it usually end up back in several years for another.

/ Ahhh man, not again...
Yes, unfortunatly the apple doesnt fall too far from the tree... So far so good for me, just been battling hyper then hypo thyroid for about 8 months now and its wreaking havok on my system.
Thanks for the well wishes, and my thoughts are with your families as well. Hopefully ill have some good news by the end of the day. He better be ok because I still havent gotten his JD loving butt to drive my new kubota :laughing:

/ Ahhh man, not again... #8  
One bright spot may be that since they are finding these problems in time at a fairly young age, he may be good to go for many more years now. I See that more and more these days. A long second lease, hope so.

JB.

/ Ahhh man, not again... #9  
Sorry to read that about your dad. I am sure he knows how you feel ,so many people leave home and hardly ever see their mom and dad. Just the fact that you were there when he was so sick says the whole story. Good luck to your dad and yourself take care

/ Ahhh man, not again... #10  
I am sorry to hear about your Dad. He will be amazed at how much better he will feel with clean blood vessels. I felt fine or at least I thought I did until I had a quadruple bypass. I was amazed at how much energy I had after it was over with and I got back on my feet. I was baling hay the week before and thought I felt fine. Little did I know I was ready to have a major heart attack.