Congratulations to bp fick - Member Of The Month June 2011

/ Congratulations to bp fick - Member Of The Month June 2011 #3  
Congratulations BP! Anyone who gardens that far north has a lock on desire and motivation. Not only do you garden, but you do it organically. I salute your tenacity and results. Good show!:thumbsup:

/ Congratulations to bp fick - Member Of The Month June 2011 #4  
Congratulations, bp, and that's a pretty place you have.

/ Congratulations to bp fick - Member Of The Month June 2011 #5  
Congratulations!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Very nice Hobby you have.:thumbsup:

/ Congratulations to bp fick - Member Of The Month June 2011 #6  
Jinman, Bird, Egon and all, thanks for the comments. Appreciated. We are blessed to live here. Truly grateful.

Jinman: The growing season at the 45th parallel is very short. However, we have a peak of 19 hours of sunlight (midnight sun effect) so things even out, although, there are certain things I cannot grow, of course, but not much.

Well, the TBN staff tagged it a "hobby", not so sure my wife would agree. :laughing:

It's pretty much a full time job during the growing season. Primarily it is to provide food for ourselves, which it does. Somewhere around 1/2 of our foodstuffs. But also, there is a buck or two to be made, which it does. I also get a kick out of supplying a homeless shelter and the good will gifts of vegetables bring with neighbors, friends, folks at the parish, etc. Sort of "casting vegetables on the water..." kind of thing, or, what goes around, comes around.

/ Congratulations to bp fick - Member Of The Month June 2011 #7  
OK, a very nice profession!:thumbsup:

There is a lot of work involved in gardening. But the results are sooo gratifying.:D

/ Congratulations to bp fick - Member Of The Month June 2011 #8  
Congratulations BP!!!!! Nice looking garden, but with the temp here about 95 today that snow looks pretty good.

Charlie

/ Congratulations to bp fick - Member Of The Month June 2011 #10  
Always nice to see some one from Michigan to win something! congrats to you.:thumbsup: