37 years ago today, 8 p.m.

/ 37 years ago today, 8 p.m. #1  

Uncle Wayne

Silver Member
Tractor
4320 John Deere
I married my high school sweetheart. I wish every man had a wife as good as mine.

Here's how carefree we were then. We left the church heading to Chattanooga for our honeymoon. We were in a Volkswagen beetle that you had to push off to start! We had to be very careful where we parked. I remember we went to Ruby Falls and they directed me to the lower parking area. When I got down there I told the attendant I had to park on the hill somewhere. It never failed to start once you gave it a shove.

That's how different the world was in 1974. We both came from a home with loving parents but, looking back, how in the world did our parents let us do that? There is no way I'd let either one of my children leave going on any trip in a vehicle like that.

/ 37 years ago today, 8 p.m. #3  
Wishing many many steps hand and hand together.

/ 37 years ago today, 8 p.m. #4  
There is no way I'd let either one of my children leave going on any trip in a vehicle like that.

Just think,your folks was thinking that was a major inprovement over the model"T".:laughing:

Congratulations.:thumbsup:

/ 37 years ago today, 8 p.m. #5  
Congratulations.:thumbsup:

We are going on 42 years now!

I guess we could go into the "my wife is better than yours" thang but the one thang they all have in common Is the put up with us and I love mine for it! :D

/ 37 years ago today, 8 p.m. #6  
I didn't marry my high school sweetheart, thankfully. In '73 however I had a '66 Beetle that I also could not park on the level! Congrtaulations on you marrige! :)

/ 37 years ago today, 8 p.m. #7  
As of Dec. 26th 2011 we will have been married for a short 47 years.
I married my high school sweetheart. I wish every man had a wife as good as mine.

Here's how carefree we were then. We left the church heading to Chattanooga for our honeymoon. We were in a Volkswagen beetle that you had to push off to start! We had to be very careful where we parked. I remember we went to Ruby Falls and they directed me to the lower parking area. When I got down there I told the attendant I had to park on the hill somewhere. It never failed to start once you gave it a shove.

That's how different the world was in 1974. We both came from a home with loving parents but, looking back, how in the world did our parents let us do that? There is no way I'd let either one of my children leave going on any trip in a vehicle like that.

/ 37 years ago today, 8 p.m. #8  
Congratulations. As of July 21st of this year we will have been married 46 yrs, Good Lord willing? Our first car was a 59 VW. We went on our honeymoon in it as well. Ken Sweet

/ 37 years ago today, 8 p.m. #9  
Congratulations to you all!! It is nice to see there are still couples who have been married that long. I didn't get married until I was 31 and am going on 8 years. I have a great wife and hope we are both still around to celebrate 47 years.

/ 37 years ago today, 8 p.m. #10  
High school sweethearts?? That's great. Congratulations! I didn't meet my wife until 4 or 5 months before I turned 25 and she turned 21. I met her on a call when I was a young police officer and when we left, I told my partner, "I think I might just marry that girl." And I did 8 months later.:D So this past April 28 was 46 years we've been married. And yep, she's the best thing that ever happened to me.