Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge.

/ Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge. #31  
Yes, it is the same narrow-gauge locomotive. The theme park was originally called "Rebel Railroad" then it was renamed to ""Silver Dollar City" to match the "sister park" in Branson, MO.

RebelRRA-8-63.jpg

Here's the "history" of Dollywood:

Theme Park Timelines

Thanks for the History..Now if I could remember the year we went there? it is a fine old train, they had a skit to rob us on every pass-thru...

/ Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge.
We had an excellent time ... Just no way to take it so much. The Black Bear Jamboree was out of business. We did see the dinner show of the Hatfield and McCoys and took in a breakfast show of the Blackwood's both excellent. Wanted to do some snow skiing ... the slopes closed because of no snow.

From tools to knives ... clothes to boots ... shop after shop ... Elvis Museum ... hot tub at the cabin ... trolly rides and alot of walking (my feet still hurt!!)

The trip home was Long ... some kind of fire on I-40 a truck driver told me a bus ....about the 138 mm we sat in traffic for close to 3 hrs and by the time we got moving traffic was so thick we just pulled off and got a room. 879 mile trip ... the Dodge purred like a kitty in a milk parlor. Also Arkansas along I-40 is hogging all the rain ... fields flooded it was funny to see irrigation reels sitting in flooded field.

There's no place like home!