A Christmas Story

/ A Christmas Story #1  

Dan Hunter

Platinum Member
Tractor
2012 John Deere 3720 eHydro
I watch the movie multiple times a year.

This year, my daughter came out to the ranch to hunt the east side having heard her mother got her first buck (second deer) out of a portable blind. Now, in the past it's been hard to get her to go to the ranch much less help out. Funny thing - she'll spend hours in the gym but won't work up a lather at the ranch. Honestly, I don't think she understands what we're trying to accomplish at the ranch and surely that's my fault but it's hard to compete with college for a daughter's attention. Regardless, she spent a few miserable days in the blind and even saw some deer though she didn't get a good solution. So....

I bought her a Marlin XS7 308 with a Leupold 3-9 X 40 - her own big game rifle (she has a Ruger 77/22). She's shot my Ruger Frontier rifle well at the range so she'll be fine with her own 308. It's well out of the normal Christmas budget. I'm going to put it behind my wife's desk and then quote lines from the movie until she figures it out. Frankly, if this goes as planned I don't care what I get this year.

May the celebrations of the birth of our Savior warm your homes.

/ A Christmas Story #2  
Cool......I luv that movie also. My wife says because I can relate to it so much from my childhood. Back then everyone wanted a Red Ryder and I was no exception. And I did get one for Christmas.

/ A Christmas Story #3  
Dan, understand. I grew up not raising much in crops but pasture, woods and livestock and taught me a love of the land. My girls are not early 30's and it saddens me they don't have that same love but my fault for we did not have the same life. Great idea. Is there a more peaceful sanctuary than out under the stars and only you and God?

/ A Christmas Story
Here's the finished product.

ktompson,

That someone could look upon their land and not see God would surprise me. Your kids will come back when not otherwise distracted.

Attachments

• jacqueline's small photo.jpg
    jacqueline's small photo.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 113
Last edited: