Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default How Many in Your High School Graduating Class

Yeah, I know, it's kinda not tractor related, but I've found the " How many siblings do you have?" thread to be interesting to me, so I thought this might be interesting, too, to some at least.

I don't know how many of you even know how many were in your high school graduating class, but I can probably only remember for one reason: 58 of us graduated in 1958 in Plano, TX.

I think my Dad graduated from Mt. Washington ( a rural school on Mt. Washington road north of Ardmore, OK) about 1933 or 34 and we have a picture of his graduating class; all 4 of them, and all boys.

My mother also attended Mt. Washington, but dropped out when she and dad got married when she was 17 and he was 22. I think she was about 45 when she got her GED in Anchorage, AK, so she could work as a teacher's assistant in a school there.

By contrast, our daughters graduated from a school in a surburb of Dallas and I think there was over 700 in the older daughter's class, and 3 years later, over 1,100 in the younger daughter's class.
    Bird

Silver Member
    Tractor
    farmall cub John Deere 310 Backhoe Loader Ventrac 4131

Default Re: How Many in Your High School Graduating Class

I had about 300 in my class. My Dad and uncles never graduated they went to WWII while in high school and were awarded graduation diplomas by the government after the war.

Tractor
    JD 5520 Montana 4340 Farmall Super C

I graduated ruarl MN ... 32 in the graduating class. My wife graduated Mankato MN High school ...she thinks it was about 600 in her graduating class.

Ironicly after my one and only divorce my daughter attended and graduated from the same high school as my wife.
    "When selling a lifetime ... don't sell it short"
    auctioneer@southernauctionco.com

Tractor
    John Deere 790, 420, 314, 317 "Special", "L/60" Custom & 70 I

18!!!

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    I did have a pedal John Deere once...

Quote Originally Posted by Bird View Post
    Yeah, I know, it's kinda not tractor related, but I've found the " How many siblings do you have?" thread to be interesting to me, so I thought this might be interesting, too, to some at least.

I don't know how many of you even know how many were in your high school graduating class, but I can probably only remember for one reason: 58 of us graduated in 1958 in Plano, TX.

I think my Dad graduated from Mt. Washington ( a rural school on Mt. Washington road north of Ardmore, OK) about 1933 or 34 and we have a picture of his graduating class; all 4 of them, and all boys.

My mother also attended Mt. Washington, but dropped out when she and dad got married when she was 17 and he was 22. I think she was about 45 when she got her GED in Anchorage, AK, so she could work as a teacher's assistant in a school there.

By contrast, our daughters graduated from a school in a surburb of Dallas and I think there was over 700 in the older daughter's class, and 3 years later, over 1,100 in the younger daughter's class.
    Wow, it shows how times change eh ?
    "The darkest time is just one hour before dawn" - Johnny Cash.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Case 1845C skidsteer

Graduated 1960 with 4 in my class. School only lasted 2 more years until consolidation. Gym is still standing and we all go back to alumni banquets. It has turned into kind of a senior dinner. Still love going back but our numbers are shrinking.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    KIOTI DK45S

40 in my class in 1986. I think this years class was 24.
    ILLINOIS ENGINE, Beecher City, IL
    Briggs and Stratton MST (Master Service Technician)
    ILENGINE over at Lawnmowerforum

Tractor
    kubota L3400HST

173 in my Class of 1967 in my hometown in Upstate NY. Seems like yesterday... it's nice that facebook has provided an avenue to reconnect with some High School friends....
    L3400HST, L463 FEL, Markham toothbar, Markham Grapple, Woods BH80-X, 5 1/2' United box blade,6' Leinbach scrape blade, Pallet forks, 5' King Kutter RM, 56" First choice tiller, Leinbach rake

Tractor
    John Deere 2320

86. I graduated number 13 - after the 12 girls who actually cared about grades.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast