Skype ... First time user

/ Skype ... First time user #1  

blueriver

Tractor
JD 5520 Montana 4340 Farmall Super A Montana 5720C
I get an email from my USCG son that says "I'm out of the country with no cell phone service do you have Skype?"

So I went and downloaded it ... when I was a kid I was told someday you will be able to see who your talking to and they will be able to see you ... they were right.

Anyway it was pretty impressive in the fact where he is no cell phone service but had a computer connection ... go fiqure.

/ Skype ... First time user #2  
Yes its a wonderful service for video and voice. And in your case, a source of pride and accomplishment. Thank him for us all. Tell his buddies to move that carrier back into the Persian Gulf.

I've used Skype to diagnose and repair farm machinery (balers) that was too far to drive to and see in person. All you need is a laptop with a video camera. Built in camera is even better.

If you have power available and a wired or wireless connection to the internet, it makes a great security system, too. Just park the computer and its camera accessory in a logistical location and watch your stuff from anywhere in the world.

/ Skype ... First time user #3  
It works great with the new smart phones.My wife and I kept in touch with our daughter when she was in Spain and Scotland.

If someone told me when I was a kid I would be talking to and seeing them half way around the world.I wouldn't believe them.

/ Skype ... First time user
Yes Thank him for us all. Tell his buddies to move that carrier back into the Persian Gulf.

I told him everyone said thanks ... and shared your request. He said out of his hands!!

It works great with the new smart phones.My wife and I kept in touch with our daughter when she was in Spain and Scotland.

If someone told me when I was a kid I would be talking to and seeing them half way around the world.I wouldn't believe them.

He said his wife has the smart phone and it works great for the 2 of them. I remember being told someday you'll be able to see the other person your talking with ... It was kinda funny he didn't get to sleep until 4 a.m. and when I spoke to him he was just waking up ... ya know that tired look rubbing the eyes and yawning deal

/ Skype ... First time user #5  
We talk to our daughter who is currently in China via Skype. That and Facebook keep us up to date with her activities.

It's the Jetson's phone come true!

/ Skype ... First time user #6  
I use skype often to talk to Haiti and Canada.

Back in 66 I bought a manual portable typewriter because it was easier to type a letter home than it was to write one. Then we started using small reel to reel tapes we would send back and forth. It wasn't until I got home after my first tour that my dad enlightened me about the sound of artillery and automatic weapons fire in the background being a little more than disconcerting for the home front. Even though on the tape I would be talking about the boredom and long hours of hard work we were doing.

The second time I was talking to Haiti on Skype I didn't realize they could have their camera off, I wasn't seeing them, but my camera could be on. I was discussing things with a group with my wife just off camera waving the good clothes I had to get into for a shindig and to hurry it up.

I stood up, pulled off my shirt, and then started to drop my drawers, one of the guys in Haiti said, "Harvey, we can see you."

It's a lot funnier now than it was at that moment.

/ Skype ... First time user #7  
We talk to our daughter who is currently in China via Skype. That and Facebook keep us up to date with her activities.

It's the Jetson's phone come true!

RidgeWalker we also talk to our G-daughter in same area of the world.

Also G-kids in college they don't have time to write letters.

Soon cell phones wil be small enough to get skype on wrist watch and then Dick Tracy world is here.
Will we be able to talk to our watch while driving
ken